Landlord going in room without consent.

So the guy I rent a room from has taken it upon himself to put a couple of my things in my room without asking me. If you don't want my mirror sitting in the living room that's cool; but if I'm not home I should receive a call or text asking me to move it rather than him taking it upon himself to go into my room and put stuff in my closet. Opening up my window on a hot day as it cools off might be appreciated, or it might not since our immediate neighbors and him all smoke cigarettes. I'm trying to think of how to calmly address this as well as the dismissive response he will likely have when I do. Any suggestions on how to keep this cool? I'm gonna feel like a dick if I have to bring up the legality of this shit.

Put a lock on your door. 

4 Likes

Instead of making light of your situation, I am simply going to advise installing your own locking doorknob. That will put an end to it.

Get your own place.

7 Likes

AnthonyWeiner - Instead of making light of your situation, I am simply going to advise installing your own locking doorknob. That will put an end to it.

Saying it without saying it. Smart 

SpunQ - 

Leave out shit stained underwears and jizz rags.

After reading this, I'd like to change my original answer.

2 Likes

onepunchJD -
Get your own place.

That is the goal. But it will take time. I'm looking at a way to deal with things in the immediate moment. 

Take a diarrhea dump on his bed

ABCTT_SENNIN -

Put a lock on your door. 

I'm gonna research and see if I can legally make that change here in CA.

Floppy Divac -

So the guy I rent a room from has taken it upon himself to put a couple of my things in my room without asking me. If you don't want my mirror sitting in the living room that's cool; but if I'm not home I should receive a call or text asking me to move it rather than him taking it upon himself to go into my room and put stuff in my closet. Opening up my window on a hot day as it cools off might be appreciated, or it might not since our immediate neighbors and him all smoke cigarettes. I'm trying to think of how to calmly address this as well as the dismissive response he will likely have when I do. Any suggestions on how to keep this cool? I'm gonna feel like a dick if I have to bring up the legality of this shit.

Why isn’t there a lock on your door?

thats your space... do you lock the front door? 
why don’t you lock your door?

I apparently can't install a keylock on the door here without giving him a key.

When you live with the landlord ie - share common areas and kitchen etc there are some different rules.

Why not just tactfully say it?

What does the lease say about his access?

Drug him, fuck him, film it, blackmail.

Wait until he's sleeping and whisper it in his ear.  

Put a lock on your door and call it a day

Install a camera. 

Lock him in his room and set the house on fire. 

1 Like