Large trees removed with crane

I can only imagine. I would hate putting my life in the hands of an operator I didn’t know.

I didn’t realize the barber chair effect was always a result of the cut- I thought certain trees could have a tendency to split, or trees compromised on the inside and you don’t know till you know.

I have taken down a fair amount of trees, usually standing deadwood for firewood- nothing particularly sketchy, but I am always on my toes when cutting expecting some sort of catastrophe

It is true that certain trees are more likely to split, depending on the health, structure and verity you’re dealing with, but it can be avoided if Spotted before starting the takedown.
I think what gets a lot of people isn’t just not knowing how to solve the problem but not recognizing that there is a problem in the first place.
Perhaps I should have made this an AMA.:grinning:.

1 Like

I could have used you about 8 months ago after the coastal fires. Redwood fell through our house. We’ve been living in hotels since while waiting on repairs.

That sucks- what a nightmare to deal with.

Pics please!!

Don’t know them personally, but I’ve done a ton of work in that area, including Middlesex school.
Bumped into yourself a ton of times back in the day.

PS. I may have WFAd this one.

In fact you were instrumental in getting my buddy and I passes to the ufc 31 after party, so thanks for that.