Largest Mask Study finds Masks Work

I mean, like, duh.

3 Likes

I predict this is well received

5 Likes

bro get your reeeeeeeee suit on because you are about to get reeeeeeee’d to a living death.

2 Likes

i know i’m looking forward to all the civil discussion!

2 Likes

No they dont.

1 Like

this study is bullshit

it operates on the premise that covid exposure is equally distributed.

2 Likes

People who point to these studies can never explain why California, Hawaii, etc. (liberal authoritarian hell holes) aren’t sitting pretty when it comes to covid.

6 Likes

Because trump supporters obviously.

2 Likes

Fauci already said they didn’t work. Why are you so anti-science, OP? These kind of dangerous lies will get people killed.

5 Likes

Are the studies and all common folk thoughts in absolutes, or mitigation?

Another win for the good guys

Thats the great thing about science compared to religion. New studies bring new information and old hypothesis are dismantled.

Don’t hear anything from him denying masks work. Mostly talking about blanket generalizations by people saying that masks don’t work.

Masks don’t work.

3 Likes

Lol @ a Bangladeshi “study”

4 Likes

LOL at Yahoo news

6 Likes

Masks aren’t going to be 100% effective, but I’m guessing they are better than absolutely nothing in certain environments, even if it’s just 5-10% effective. So you’re telling me medical personal in the thick of the covid action are just wearing masks as a fashion statement?

They link the article. Just read the abstract and see for yourself:

how does something that doesn’t seal your mouth or nose work to prevent breathing in something airborne ?

3 Likes

From the article: “ Adjusting for baseline covariates, the intervention reduced symptomatic seroprevalence by 9.3% (adjusted prevalence ratio (aPR) = 0.91 [0.82, 1.00]; control prevalence 0.76%; treatment prevalence 0.68%).“

—> So it went down from 0.76% infection to 0.68% infection — for a reduction of 0.08%. Awesome! /end sarcasm

3 Likes