Larry Merchant Confirms UFC on HBO

Well just because it is on HBO, Merchant and Lampley don't star on Oz or Deadwood

"I can't see the UFC bringning in new commentators just because it is on HBO."

boxing had 5 of the top 10 2006 ppv's, but only 6 of the top 25.

Boxing did not have 5 of the top 10. UFC 57 did 400,000 and UFC 60 did 600,000, and neither of them are listed.

That list has Pac vs. Morales 2 listed twice at 8 and 9.

I see this as a good thing. It will make the sport more viable an option for American (and international) athletes.

" That list has Pac vs. Morales 2 listed twice at 8 and 9."

One of them is supposed to be Pac/Morales III.

LOL @ Lampley!!!!

Merchant and Lampley commenting on MMA=priceless.

"I always knew this day will come..Every since I saw UFC 2..Victory is MMA's!!!"

Hear hear!

Those fuckers don't deserve the honor of commentating for the UFC. I sure hope Dana has control over that. Those guys dogged MMA for years, now they'll get a payday from it?

Fuck that!!!

I'll boycott any MMA event those two fuckers are involved in!!!

I like Merchant and Lampley as boxing announcers. Who cares if they don't like mma? Some of you are like babies.

Oh, and get off Rogan's nuts just cause he likes mma.

That list is missing UFC 57, 60 and 64. UFC had 7 of the top 9.

ttt

We all hate lamply for his disparaging remarks about MMA in the past, but 99% of us will still tune it. Your "email jihad" will not be backed by any sort of action Your threats are baseless. All bark and no bite.

Damn Dana is the man. You really have to give it up to the guy, he turned the UFC from the dark ages of MMA to the largest rising sport in the world.

It bothers me that the UFC is the only major show in the US but as long as Dana keeps delivering what the fans want then I guess it aint so bad.

Doesn't Max Kellerman work for HBO? Kellerman likes MMA a lot and would no doubt be the best announcer the sport has ever had.

I remember him doing a piece on the UFC on his ESPN show Around the Horn.

Kellerman would be alright, but he would need to be paired up with someone knowledgable about our sport, like Rogan or Couture, or even Mauro Renallo.

No Goldie, those two would be lost paired up together that's for sure.

"That list is missing UFC 57, 60 and 64. UFC had 7 of the top 9."

What were the numbers for UFC 64? I didn't mention it because I wasn't sure it cracked the top 10.

glock you underestimate Kellerman..He is very knowledgable about MMA

this is a HUGE opportunity for the UFC and they are not going to allow a new broadcasting team nor would HBO encourage it... they are going to use what got them their PPV build and see if they can get the considerable HBO boxing crowd to bite..

LOL @ at the ignorance on here suggesting HBO would put a publically anti-mma, first time mma announcing crew to broadcast a potentially huge opportunity...

really hope the UFC takes advantage of this and serves up the right type of match-ups...

axl, I agree that lampley and crew are top notch announcers... I've loved their calls since the 80's... but to expect them to learn mma, put away all their prejudices against it and do a first time call on a major broadcast for HBO and the UFC is assinine... it's like NBC picking up NASCAR and people arguing that madden and michaels will be doing the broadcasts...