Last three main events of the year canceled

Hermansson vs Till, Yan vs Sterling and Chimaev vs Edwards were the last three main events of the year and they have all been canceled and fans are left with Hermannson vs Vettori, Figueiredo vs Moreno and Thompson vs Neil.

Edit- Seven main events have been canceled on the last six cards of the year.

I'm not too bothered. I'll watch the Vettori fight but thats about it for that card but the 12th and 19th card... can't wait for them. Should be good. Better cards than I've seen booked so far for Jan/Feb of 2021.

Fights of interest, just a lot of real good fights booked over the last two Saturdays prior to Christmas

UFC 256

UFC Fight Night

•  

Rob Font is coming up and Kattar is early next year… psyched.

(The rest of that UFC Fight Night card is still awesome too)

Meatgrinder - Rob Font is coming up and Kattar is early next year... psyched.

(The rest of that UFC Fight Night card is still awesome too)

Yeah Holloway Kattar is great. Ponzinibbio vs Salikhov I'm looking forward to a lot and the Vieira debut too.

UFC Fight Night Quick Card

I don't see a 2nd real interesting fight on the Conor Poirier card but that is no surprise. There are a few solid fights but nothing of note.

Lewis said they are trying to get the Blaydes fight rebooked for the Holloway card.

And speaking of Lewis its the last FOUR main events of the year that were canceled, not three... Lewis vs Blaydes was #1.

1 Like

Last FIVE main events of the the year on the last four cards of the year have been canceled actualy because first Nunes Anderson was canceled and Yan vs Sterling became main event.

So FIVE main events on four cards have been canceled to end the year for the UFC. CIassic example of why I don't go to live events anymore.

Going back one more event...UFC 255 kept its main event but the Fight Night on 11/14 lost the Makhachev vs RDA main event so... in the last six events of the year 5/6 events lost their main events and one show lost two main events for six canceled main events over the last six shows.

2020 is a motherfucker.

BJ Penn Forever -

Last FIVE main events of the the year on the last four cards of the year have been canceled actualy because first Nunes Anderson was canceled and Yan vs Sterling became main event.

So FIVE main events on four cards have been canceled to end the year for the UFC. CIassic example of why I don't go to live events anymore.

Going back one more event...UFC 255 kept its main event but the Fight Night on 11/14 lost the Makhachev vs RDA main event so... in the last six events of the year 5/6 events lost their main events and one show lost two main events for six canceled main events over the last six shows.

2020 is a motherfucker.

Six if you include Hermansson vs Holland as

well. Crazy how cursed this year has been. Hope the rest of these cards are able to be maintained. 

Dam I didn't even know Jan v sterling was cancelled. That sucks

Mkk11 -
BJ Penn Forever -

2020 is a motherfucker.

Six if you include Hermansson vs Holland as

well. Crazy how cursed this year has been. Hope the rest of these cards are able to be maintained. 

Good point.

So that is seven main events canceled on the last six cards of the year.

1. Chimaev vs Edwards

2. Nunes vs Anderson and Sterling vs Yan

3. Hermansson vs Till and Hermansson vs Holland

4. Blaydes vs Lewis

5. RDA vs Makhachev

Usman vs Burns too. Damn

Still some great fights. If Figueiredo can look good and make weight in that kind of turnaround that’s going to be impressive. Very excited for Charles vs Tony.

How do you guys see the Kevin Holland vs Jacare fight playing out?

BringBackHeadbutts -

How do you guys see the Kevin Holland vs Jacare fight playing out?

Jacare by sub

Mkk11 -

Usman vs Burns too. Damn

Still some great fights. If Figueiredo can look good and make weight in that kind of turnaround that’s going to be impressive. Very excited for Charles vs Tony.

Was the one ever booked or just talked about?

Charles vs Tony... I'm excited for that one too, that is a main event to my brain, I'm looking forward to it more than any of the canceled main events besides the Chimaev fight to be honest.

Still though... how the fuck can the MMA Gods cancel 7, yeah 7, main events over the last six shows? I bet the most that have ever been canceled in the past over the last six shows is like three or four at the most and likely with an average of two.

Pantoja vs Kape is canceled.

Pantoja out with undisclosed issues.

The Deep State didnt like UFC holding events as it is. Thats too much like normal.

No one else finds it odd the left won the election and 3 main events in row are off due to Covid?

If it spreads as easy as everyone says, it can be purposley spread.

Just kidding! Im sure its all coincidence.

tony vs charles is one i am looking forward too but with how many events fights cancelled i won’t even get my hoped up about any fights until the day of the fight