Last UFC card as good as this Strikeforce card?

?????  I cant think of any.

What? What makes this Strikeforce card so fucking special?

Plus it's free.

bismanfightclub - as good?  or way better like 100?

5 fights were aired on UFC 100. Too many decisions. The matchups on paper lose their luster during all the dry humping on the ground.

I'd have to say yes.

To me it beats every UFC card since 100 on paper, but I happen to be a big Fedor fan, so other people might disagree.

Irule - This is a great card by Strikeforce, but there have been plenty of UFC's just as good or better than it. This is not a knock against Strikeforce, the UFC just has a much deeper stable of fighters.
BEN ROTHWELL VS CAIN MAIN EVENT!!!!!

Ryan MacLeod - Strikeforce has put together an excellent free card. I would say on par with or better than several UFC PPVs this year. The issue is that it is impossible to produce a card like this on a monthly basis with their current stable of fighters. If the card lacked the Fedor fight it would no longer be considered top end. It would just be a good event with a few intriguing fights.

BOOM! /of thread

There's a bunch of big names a great matchups on this card.

I honestly only think 1 fight on the main card is going to be exciting, Miller/Shields. The other 3 are probably going to be fairly one sided and short.

We'll have to see how the fights end up, but IMO 104, 102, 100, and TUF 9 finale all come to mind as better cards than this one...

frontrowbrian - 
HeAdShOtZ - What? What makes this Strikeforce card so fucking special?
The best fighter in the history of the sport is fighting.

HAHA YOU GOTTA BE FUCKIN JOKEING. WHENS HE GONNA FIGHT SOMEONE CREDIBLE. HES TOO MUCH OF A PUSSY TO FIGHT IN THE UFC. YOU THINK STRIKEFORCE CAN PAY ANYWHERE NEAR WHAT THE UFC CAN. FEDORS A JOKE! WATCH HIS ASS GET CLIPPED. IM GONNA LAUGH SO HARD!

"The best fighter in the history of the sport is fighting."

It's interesting how that elevates this card, but when Anderson Silva fights a Leites or Cote, it's a knock against the card rather than a plus.

"
I honestly only think 1 fight on the main card is going to be exciting, Miller/Shields"

I wouldn't say that, but it is the match I'm looking forward to the most.

THis card has a fight for every kind of MMA fan.

Shields-Mayhem for the unemployed/loser/asperberger fight nerds.

Fedor-Rogers for the casuals

Soko-Mousasi for the normals

garagefighter76 - 
frontrowbrian - 

HAHA YOU GOTTA BE FUCKIN JOKEING. WHENS HE GONNA FIGHT SOMEONE CREDIBLE. HES TOO MUCH OF A PUSSY TO FIGHT IN THE UFC. YOU THINK STRIKEFORCE CAN PAY ANYWHERE NEAR WHAT THE UFC CAN. FEDORS A JOKE! WATCH HIS ASS GET CLIPPED. IM GONNA LAUGH SO HARD!

Ya until he fights FRANK MUUUR or a 50 year old LHW, he isn't legit.

toshii -  THis card has a fight for every kind of MMA fan.

Shields-Mayhem for the unemployed/loser/asperberger fight nerds.

Fedor-Rogers for the casuals

Soko-Mousasi for the normals

W-w-w-what? And how do you define "normal" MMA fine anyways? If it's the tribal-band, fist-picture, jagbomb kinda of guy, im happy im not a normal, lol.

nobones - 
toshii - 
garagefighter76 - 
frontrowbrian - 

Ya until he fights FRANK MUUUR or a 50 year old LHW, he isn't legit.

Fighting Brett Rogers is a lose/lose for Fedor. If he beats him, so what, he beat a fighter that isn't even top 10 ranked. Before Arlovski, Rogers biggest wins were against the guy from BET Ring of Iron show and James Thompson.

If he loses to Brett Rogers, that won't be good news at all for Fedor.

This card is cool but saying it compares to most UFC cards are kidding themselves. Like most Strikeforce fights, the card is full of cool but overall unimportant fights. Shields vs. Miller? Sure sounds ok if wasn't for the fact taht Shields is fighting above his weight class.

Big Foot vs. Werdum? So if Silva wins does that mean Strikeforce will depend on him NOT to test positive? Can anyone think see the potential disaster that would be Antonio Silva vs. Fedor?

Roxanne Modaffari vs. Marloes Coenen...cool but does anyone think either of them will be able to challenge Cyborg for the title?

Mousasi vs. Sokoudjou? Well, should make Mousasi look good again against a former top 10 LHW.

Fun card but to compare it to UFC cards that consistently have top 10 fighters and top 5 fighters fighting each other in their respective weight classes I think is exaggerated. But should be fun to watch Shields vs. Miller at least.
TITO ORTIZ VS FORREST GRIFFIN 2!!!!!

I have no idea why the comparison is even being made.

UFC's cards are more frequent and much better.

UFC cards are better cards, but this strikeforce card looks like it could be pretty good.

It's free.

" THis card has a fight for every kind of MMA fan."

I don't know if four fights ending in submission is something for everyone.

"Strikeforce has 3-5 years of work to do before they can have any kinds of cards comparable to what the UFC puts out every month."

All Strikeforce really needs is a few perturbed UFC fighters to leave the promotion and sign with strikeforce.

Aside from that, they need a few really good fighters to break the ranks and emerge as serious contenders....