Lateral Drop throw

I've been hitting the lateral drop in class a lot lately and I'm wondering what other throws are available from that over/under position? There was a much better vid/breakdown of the lateral drop from Kolat.com vid on youtube but embedding is disabled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JmhIIhKjPM

This was the better breakdown vid I was talking about.

Like I said, just wondering what other "Easy" throws are available from that same position?

Any suggestions?

chris80cent - The lateral is when someone pushes against u, do u want a throw from over/under when someone is pushing against u or just a throw from over/under? Phone Post

Both if possible as I find myself getting that over/under position a lot. Funny too as that lateral drop kind of came naturally from that position . Must have picked it up watching youtube vids.

Another I pulled off from watching youtube (no idea the name) is when your opponent has double unders, you overhook both their arms, lock your hands if possible and step in while you arch/twist. It's almost the same mechanics as a lateral drop I guess.

TTT Phone Post

one more ttt

Foot sweep and inside trip. When one isn't there, the other is.

Anek - Foot sweep and inside trip. When one isn't there, the other is.

Any good vids showing these? Seems like a ton of variations on youtube.

other than the lat drop, the other throw I use from that position is kinda a bear hug toss from the side. Step tight to the side of the overhook, lock your hands on the opposite side so your now perpendicular and trapping that near arm. Hip in, lift and take him backwards(you can use your knee to block the near leg to pull him over it). I think this is what serra used to take down hughes in their second fight.

The other two things I hit from there are a knee pick(Just watch any of Cruz's fights) and an armdrag to a double. The armdrag is real easy. Come to the elbow with your hand on the side of the overhook, push down and drag through with your other hand, dont allow any space and go right into your double(level change is important as always) as your dragging. If you do it right, youll trap his arm making it really hard to defend the shot. You can use that armdrag if you have him up against the fence too, works really well.

Hope that helps, sorry if my descriptions are a little confusing lol.

Nitecrawler - 
Anek - Foot sweep and inside trip. When one isn't there, the other is.

Any good vids showing these? Seems like a ton of variations on youtube.

From the second match on this video.

Note that the footsweep immediately follows the attempted inside trip. They set each other up. So they are really all you need from the over-under, and using only these two moves, I was never outscored from the over-under in any of my matches, including against Div II and JC national champs/All Americans.

Awesome!

Thanks blue & anek, awesome stuff. 

Going to have to give those a shot this week.

Anyone else? :-)

Anek, can you rehost that file or upload it to youtube. Getting a page not found on that angelfire link.

TTT for more suggestions!

Tons of options from the over/under: hip throw, arm throw, leg trips/hooks, leg attacks...

Wasa-B - Tons of options from the over/under: hip throw, arm throw, leg trips/hooks, leg attacks...

Vids? Instructionals?

Really digging that over/under position lately. I used to fight for double unders or just start shooting for doubles/singles/low singles, but this is like a whole new world for me LOL. :)

dean lister just did a great vid on this

Nice Phone Post

Nitecrawler - 
Wasa-B - Tons of options from the over/under: hip throw, arm throw, leg trips/hooks, leg attacks...

Vids? Instructionals?

Really digging that over/under position lately. I used to fight for double unders or just start shooting for doubles/singles/low singles, but this is like a whole new world for me LOL. :)

Well, im no expert and dont have any specific vids unfortunately but this is a real fundamental or main position of a clinch and thus the options. As much as a good vid may help open up some of these possibilities, its a position that is gonna take time to get comfortable with and realize the nuances of the many options.

blue namer please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R68bBGghoLg&feature=youtu.be

here is me hitting a lateral drop in a recent fight it happens around the 1:20 mark

When done correctly this can be a highly successful move

ELuke - blue namer please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R68bBGghoLg&feature=youtu.be

here is me hitting a lateral drop in a recent fight it happens around the 1:20 mark

When done correctly this can be a highly successful move

Nice bro! Yup, that's what I've been hitting lately. Super effective and really it doesn't take that much effort at all when your opponent is pushing into you.

In Phone Post

TTT