Lauzon: 'I had this intense hatred for Tim Sylvia'

stuvelo -
Right Hand JO Power - 
BrattMamley -

By the way, does anyone like Tim Sylvia? Everyone just shits on him.

To be fair, he even shits on himself. Phone Post

HAHA!! voted up sir!

Can not stand Sylvia either. That punch from Coutre was very memorable for me as well

Agreed... Never ever was a fan! Had Couture in that fight, he was like plus 250 If I recall correctly... When he got dropped it was Stupendous!!!! Phone Post

To be fair IIRC Fisher was his teammate at MFS at the time, he might not have realized it sounded so rude, if he came in assuming that Fisher would one-punch this inexperienced kid or something. That said I hated him back then too. In addition his unexciting and complete lack of charisma or aesthetic as champ, he seemed to have a blah personality and he got busted roiding which doesn't help.

Harder to hate him now that he is down on his luck and seems a lot more humble and just trying to fight to keep the rent paid.

I think that fight is one of the most memorable fights ivd ever seen as well. I remember everything about that night. Everyone in the house I was at jumped out of their seats when randy dropped him. Also probably the loudest crowd I've ever heard. Phone Post

Awesome fight, had me on the edge of my seat as well.

Phone Post

Right Hand JO Power - 
BrattMamley -

i see what you did here lmao...

Tim never insulted my brother but I don't like him either.

I've met many fighters, and Sylvia was one of the only two that came off as prickish. Never been a fan of him and his clumsy oaf style anyway.

chaplinshouse - 

@hexrei:  To be fair IIRC Fisher was his teammate at MFS at the time, he might not have realized it sounded so rude,

how is that being fair?  all fighters have teammates and they're almost never rude to their teammate's opponents.  in fact just the opposite.  especially when their guy wins.  everyone knows timmy was a notorious dbag back then so not realizing how he came across doesn't seem logical either.  we're talking about tim sylvia being a dick, not andre arlovski. 

I meant that perhaps he didn't realize he was being rude. Maybe he meant "Yeah it was short, but I see how tough Spencer is every day, he's got 5 times as many fights as you against world-class contenders, you did well for the time you were in there."

Also, once you start justifying with "everyone knows he was blah blah blah", we might as well stop talking about it.

I sat next to Tim Sylvia when Randy beat Randleman. He was a loud mouth jackass the entire event. Phone Post

shootfighterbull - Sylvia has always come across as somewhat of a bully. Phone Post

This, his attitude alone could be a reason why he doesn't deserve another shot at the big show.
I've heard nothing but shitty stories to be honest. Phone Post

Claps Phone Post

When I saw Tim get the title wrapped around his waste and scream "AHH HAHAHA WHAT'S UP NOW????"
I immediately disliked him. Phone Post

Brian J DSouza - 

Anyone remember when Joe threw his own brother Dan out of the gym a couple years ago? Did they make up?

How come this is always swept under the rug. I understand the love for Joe around here, but isn't kicking your own brother when he's down even more dickheadish?

I'm a big fan of Joe's fighting But everytime I think of how he threw his brother under the bus then pissed on his dead body, I wonder if Joe really is that nice guy that everyone thinks he is.

Right Hand JO Power -
BrattMamley -

god damn brilliant Phone Post

chaplinshouse - 
HexRei - 
chaplinshouse - 

@hexrei:  To be fair IIRC Fisher was his teammate at MFS at the time, he might not have realized it sounded so rude,

how is that being fair?  all fighters have teammates and they're almost never rude to their teammate's opponents.  in fact just the opposite.  especially when their guy wins.  everyone knows timmy was a notorious dbag back then so not realizing how he came across doesn't seem logical either.  we're talking about tim sylvia being a dick, not andre arlovski. 

I meant that perhaps he didn't realize he was being rude. Maybe he meant "Yeah it was short, but I see how tough Spencer is every day, he's got 5 times as many fights as you against world-class contenders, you did well for the time you were in there."

Also, once you start justifying with "everyone knows he was blah blah blah", we might as well stop talking about it.

i can see why you'd entertain the idiot angle with tim, but i for one think he's smart enough to know when he's being a dick and when he's not.  i also think joe's wicked smaaat, and would know when someone is being a dick as well.  factor in what everyone already knows (except you) and it doesn't take a brilliant detective to see this case for what it is. tim being tim

no. everyone knows a rock that is throw straight up will come straight down. relatively few people even know tim in the world, and a lot of them in here seem to have met him for all of thirty seconds at a fan expo or something.

/whatever

Joe Lauzon vs Tim Sylvia. Zuffa make it happen!

that is one of the things tim just doesn't see. he thinks he he has a lot of "hater" only because of the way he looks. many of tim's fans, including in this forum think that is the only reason, but never the douchebag attitude he has displayed various times.

serious issues - 

I sat next to Tim Sylvia when Randy beat Randleman. He was a loud mouth jackass the entire event. Phone Post

Damn dude lurk much?

serious issues - 

this man is telling the truth

My wife was finishing up some ATC training in OKC when that fight took place. We all went to a local sports bar and watched it. When Randy landed that first big shot everyone in there came out of their seats and went nuts. The place didn't calm down one bit and actually counted down at the end of the final round when Randy won. There wasn't a single person pulling for Tim in that fight.

I don't know him, but personally I didn't care for his attitude at the time. I was not a big fan of his fights towards then end because he seemed like he was fighting not to lose rather than fighting to win. That was a long time ago though. He may be a different guy now that he has been humbled a bit...who knows?