LAUZON wins

lol. that's a 17/18 yr old Joe Lauzon. Not a far cry from the the 20 yr no holds barred ass-kicking machine.

Chris,

Got your e-mail & hit you back. Thanks and Happy Kwanza.

-Mike

Congratulations Joe!

Thanks Kipp

i doubted joe, congrats man, you did it!

bambino

Nice work Joe!

LOL at Biggie "you know you're a bad ref when Steve Rita says you suck!"

classic biggie.

never doubt joe lauzon. nobody thought he could beat mike brown. and a lot of people thought ryan would be able to win a boring decision.

mikeblak. we're squared up and I official hate you :)

Note to self.
Next time trick him into donning a gi.

Joe is the hottest fighter in New England.

The Mass refs need to educate themselves about the sport they are trying and failing to officiate, or bring in people who can. Kevin, Kipp, Keith are all excellent, experienced refs, and that is just guys whose names start with the letter K. Throw me in there and that is four.

The average official there does not know what a triangle choke is. I mean that literally.

The reffing yesterday was a joke, especially in Dave Gilrein's fight. The ref stood them up when he had his opponent's back and was working for the choke, the ref interrupted him when he had mount and was beating the crap out of his opponent near the ropes ten seconds before the end of the round, and again stood them up when he was about to take the other guy's back near the ropes. WTF???

Joe's fight was great, nice punches, great submission.

Nuri Shakir did well against Fickett for a round and a half, until Fickett took him down and took his back. Can't argue with a rear naked.

Congrats Joe! :)

Now, when are you moving to Iowa? ;)

quality job, Joe.

yeah, the mass ref situation is weird... some of the best officials of the sport are available, but instead they use people who don't know a kick from a sidechoke...

it's wierd. like kirik said they're are plenty of experienced guys who would make better refs. Kipp, Kirik, Randy Rowe, Mat Santos, Keith Rockel, all these guys have reffed MMA and are very good refs.

but I guess the boxing comission's friends need to get paid :)

ttt

video will be available soon!

After all the hype leading up to it the win couldn't have come in a better way.

BTW from where I was standing I thought Ryan tapped on Joe's right side but it was with a closed fist so I thought to myself maybe they were punches but then he got limp.

"BTW from where I was standing I thought Ryan tapped on Joe's right side but it was with a closed fist so I thought to myself maybe they were punches but then he got limp."

Thats what I felt, but I didnt know if it was a punch or a tap, and the ref obviously didnt see it.