"Lawal video: Kerr quitting in slow motion..."

Fight Journal: King Mo vs Mark Kerr - FIGHT NIGHT from All Elbows on Vimeo.

Mo Lawal has got it all. He just needs a little more seasoning and a step up in opponents. "King" Mo destroyed Mark Kerr last weekend in Kansas City at the M-1 event. Kerr got slammed seconds into the fight and it looked like he decided to quit on the way down before taking five punches to the face. The last one caused announcer Michael Schiavullo to scream (5:20 mark). That's not what made the punch special. Afterall, all Schiavullo does is yell. It's actually cool seeing the final punch launch Kerr's mouthpiece across the ring.

This is a nice video piece by AllElbows.com. Nice choice of music by Wreck-a-Mic. And good clips of the prefight speech by Lawal's manager/trainer Ryan Parsons (3:58 mark).

One of Lawal's biggest backers, Ariel Helwani from AOL Fanhouse, says King Mo is close to a deal:

FanHouse has learned that Lawal's camp has been in serious discussions with Strikeforce as of late. It's hard to argue with the idea that Strikeforce is not the perfect destination for Lawal. Their light heavyweight division is by far their weakest, and while Lawal wouldn't bring the most extensive resume with him, he would bring a shot of personality and charisma, which is something Strikeforce could use.

Helwani was let down because Lawal didn't show off his wrestling dance after the Kerr win. Lawal says he may mimic former WCW wrestler Disco Inferno after his next win. He'd better call Disco, who is now a bouncer at Sapphire Gentlemen's Club in Las Vegas.

Tip via Cage Potato

He's a bad ass King Mo vs Moussasi has to happen

He will be a star when he decides to sign with the UFC. Hopefully he has REAL fighting potential and he's not just hype.

bam57bam - He will be a star when he decides to sign with the UFC. Hopefully he has REAL fighting potential and he's not just hype.

There was a discussion about this on yesterday's 'MMA LIVE' show. Apparently, it is the UFC and Joe Silva who doesn't want to sign King MO yet because they are afraid of signing another Sokoujeu. That is what Silva apparently told Lawal.

Jsteven - He's a bad ass King Mo vs Moussasi has to happen

YESSSS

Seems more well rounded than Sockajew, with better cardio and a great wrestling base.

Not ready for Moose-sassy yet.

ttt

What does King Mo Lawal weigh?

I am a fan.

serious talent

Beating Kerr does nothing imo.

why the fuck is he in wrestling shoes?

kent paul - Mark Kerr was embarrassing in that fight as for King Mo Lawal untill he fights somebody who is not washed up i will personally reserve judgment on him as a mixed martial arts fighter IMO.

Thank god crisis was avoided when Cormier dropped the rose pedals.......

skooter - What does King Mo Lawal weigh?

230 or so.

ttt

I really really want to see him throw down with Rampage

HexRei - 
skooter - What does King Mo Lawal weigh?

230 or so.

Did he say that in an interview or something? That seems pretty fucking heavy considering he wrestled at 185 just two years ago...

How did Kerr Quit? Don't get it...

Kerr's consciousness quit, I guess? I was wondering that, myself.

Regardless of that though, this was a very well produced video! This is a gigantic leap up from the UFC's fighter vlogs, and I'd really like to see production values like this. It was like watching a short movie rather than watching someone be filmed on a camera phone.