Lawler and Condit - Who Backs Down First?

For sure condit

If Condit didn't stand and trade with Diaz he won't stand and trade with Lawler. Phone Post 3.0

God. Phone Post 3.0

i'm pumped and hopefully neither backs down and we see some more lawler hendricks/lawler brown/lawler rory/condit rory/condit alves action

Domingo - Condit isn't stupid. He'd wisely back off. Just about anyone would. Nick might be the only one who wouldn't. Phone Post 3.0

This is true. I fucking hate diaz is suspended I would love to him get motivated and fight active.

I think condit will do alot of damage while trying to move. Greg jackson is going to put together a great plan.

I love (real homo)both guys and almost with the Ufc would cancel this fight because they are killers and its going to be more bloody and violent then lawler/mcdonald

BonesNose - 
Domingo - Condit isn't stupid. He'd wisely back off. Just about anyone would. Nick might be the only one who wouldn't. Phone Post 3.0

This is true. I fucking hate diaz is suspended I would love to him get motivated and fight active.

I think condit will do alot of damage while trying to move. Greg jackson is going to put together a great plan.

I love (real homo)both guys and almost with the Ufc would cancel this fight because they are killers and its going to be more bloody and violent then lawler/mcdonald

Condit is definitely more likely to circle away, but that shouldn't be seen as a negative - footwork is a huge part of fighting.

If you're asking who would break first, the answer is seemingly neither guy. But, fwiw, Condit was still trying to murder GSP from bottom at the end of a fight he clearly lost. The guy has never stopped fighting in his career - he tried to keep fighting Woodley with a torn ACL.

Lawler has looked unbreakable recently. But he has stopped fighting in the past.

What a fight this should be.

If it's a dog fight between Lawler and Condit no one backs down. Someone eventually drops.

Every others answer is incorrect. Phone Post 3.0

The Power Double - If it's a dog fight between Lawler and Condit no one backs down. Someone eventually drops.

lol, yeah right.

Nick Diaz still GOAT -
The Power Double - If it's a dog fight between Lawler and Condit no one backs down. Someone eventually drops.

lol, yeah right.
You are tainted by your bitterness. Condit's not going to keep his distance and pick Robbie apart because Robbie can actually cut off the cage. This fight is guaranteed fireworks. Sorry. Phone Post 3.0

brahmabull81 - Condits been rocked and dropped before (not often but its happened) and I think Robby hits harder than Ellenberger by quite a bit, when taking into account his timing, accuracy and technical prowess that goes with it.
That was condit against the cage taking blows. Lawler will not put condit on the cage. It will be a striking bout in the middle of the octagon. And condit will catch robbie. Phone Post 3.0

If we see Fifth Round Robbie staring down bloodied, arms raising up Condit, I do not think the MMA Gods can handle such magnitude Phone Post 3.0

He backs down and runs like he did against Diaz.

So many butt hurt Diaz fans still lol. Can't wait for this fight. Rooting for Condit, but love me some Ruthless too. The fans win that's for damn sure! Phone Post 3.0

ShakaSway - If we see Fifth Round Robbie staring down bloodied, arms raising up Condit, I do not think the MMA Gods can handle such magnitude Phone Post 3.0
Don't worry about the MMA gods, I think there are a fair few people on here, including you and me, who might struggle to deal with all that epicness.

Robbie all busted up staring across the cage at Condit like a stone cold killer, Condit with blood everywhere meets his stare and his scowl turns into a crooked grin.

Too much man. This is my favourite fight in a while. Phone Post 3.0

Bad Monkey -
failure at life - 
MMAhaiku - Condit. See 143. Phone Post 3.0
Lol. Yeah. I guess. Can't argue with the result though Phone Post 3.0

I think you could argue the result.

Many would argue 1,2 &5.

Lol no Phone Post 3.0

I hope for a DOG FIGHT. But seeing Robbie wrecking dudes left and right after his comeback, I wouldn't hold against Condit if he played the same tactic like the Diaz fight. bUt if he stands and bangs that would be awesome and a great compliment to Diaz that Natural Born Killer only worries about Diaz. Condit, I think you're awesome but I'll keep talking about it until you rematch Diaz. Phone Post 3.0

TwoFatNuts -
First response nails it. Condit knows better than to risk trading, plays 'elusive' and prays for a decision via leg jabs Phone Post 3.0
The guy with 28 finishes of 30 wins wants a decision? No Phone Post 3.0

thegreatone287 - It actually wouldn't surprise me if condit won by Submission. Phone Post 3.0

How? He's not going to be able to take Lawler down and Lawler himself will try to keep it standing... unless Condit pulls guard but i doubt it.

To be clear, this all depends on your definition of "backing down."

If the question is about who would use footwork to get out of a specific situation, the answer is likely Condit.

If the question is about who would give up first, the answer is in no way Condit. Condit has never shown a moment's quit in the Octagon. After 5 rounds, with seconds remaining, Condit was still trying to murder GSP from guard.

Robbie has shown INCREDIBLE heart in the past. But we also have seen him stop fighting on a couple different occasions (most recently at the end of round 5 in the first Hendricks fight). This doesn't mean Robbie will give up - he is insanely tough.

But it means nobody should be saying Condit is MORE likely to "break."

Bad Monkey -
failure at life - 
Lol. Yeah. I guess. Can't argue with the result though Phone Post 3.0

I think you could argue the result.

Many would argue 1,2 &5.

This
I'd picked condit to win before the fight but his point fighting turned it into a coin toss and many fans though Diaz won.

The result was contentious and the win far from definitive Phone Post 3.0