Lawler: I want a finish against MacDonald

ProctorMMA - 
norcal3737 - 
ProctorMMA - Rory as champ would just make my interest in 170 plummet.
Why?

Hes got some of the most technically sound striking in the division. He is a pleasure to watch. Phone Post 3.0

He is fine jabbing to a decision. He's talented but ever since the loss to Condit it seems like the killer instinct isn't their.

LOL. Did you see him merk Saffeidine? He's still got killer instinct.

Fornwork -
Hardcharger - 
Porkchop - Gonna be a great fight!

Side note: Last two title fights in the UFC WW division went to decision. Maybe GSP wasn't to blame? Maybe it's just too damn hard to finish the top guys at WW?

Time will tell.

Condit vs Diaz - 5 round decision
Lawler vs Hendricks 1 - 5 round decision
Lawler vs Matt Brown - 5 round decision
Lawler vs Hendricks 2 - 5 round decision

Roided up Anderson didn't finish Diaz or come close to it either in his own division.
Yeah...but GSP is lay n pray blah blah blah... Phone Post 3.0

Hardcharger -
ProctorMMA - 
norcal3737 - 
Why?

Hes got some of the most technically sound striking in the division. He is a pleasure to watch. Phone Post 3.0

He is fine jabbing to a decision. He's talented but ever since the loss to Condit it seems like the killer instinct isn't their.

That's like bragging that Robbie finished Scott Smith.

Tough guy but not a top 10 by any stretch of the imagination. Phone Post 3.0

Stu Cazzo -
Hardcharger -
ProctorMMA - 
norcal3737 - 
Why?

That's like bragging that Robbie finished Scott Smith.

Tough guy but not a top 10 by any stretch of the imagination. Phone Post 3.0
Of all the fights, the only one that gets brought up is the ONE lackluster fight he's had. haha. So funny. Rory is looking to destroy 90% of the time. Phone Post 3.0

You can be looking to finish but not actively pursue it. His fight again Ellenburger was awful. Although Jake didn't do much to help it either. Same with Woodley you'd think he has this guy frozen up so much under his a spell from his jab that he would try and finish but no.

Stu Cazzo -
Porkchop -
Stu Cazzo - 
Needlemover - A fighter hopes to finish his opponent.
Great journalism.

But war Robbie Phone Post 3.0
There are a fair number of point fighters in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

And do they say that they are coming to win on points?

I think you missed his.... point.
He's taking a shot at Rory.

You missed his point Phone Post 3.0
No he understood my point correctly.

I have no beef with Rory. Phone Post 3.0

Name 1 fight in Robbies career where he hasn't wanted to finish his opponent.
Not fucking news. Phone Post 3.0

Poor Rory. Finally gets a title shot...and it's against Lawler of all people.

Rory seems alot more motivated since st.pierre stepped down, understandably. Has also been injury free for a while now. Should be an interesting rematch but I still think Lawler takes it.

Stu Cazzo -
Porkchop -
Stu Cazzo - 
Needlemover - A fighter hopes to finish his opponent.
Great journalism.

But war Robbie Phone Post 3.0
There are a fair number of point fighters in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

And do they say that they are coming to win on points?

I think you missed his.... point.
He's taking a shot at Rory.

You missed his point Phone Post 3.0
Nah, you just missed it twice.

No biggie. Phone Post 3.0

ProctorMMA - You can be looking to finish but not actively pursue it. His fight again Ellenburger was awful. Although Jake didn't do much to help it either. Same with Woodley you'd think he has this guy frozen up so much under his a spell from his jab that he would try and finish but no.
Truth Phone Post 3.0

I want to start off by saying I'm a life long ruthless fan. My favorite fighter. Never was a rory fan but I'm a fan now. Between his fights and the Joe rogan podcast I think people don't understand that dude. The dude can fucking fight.

This is a tough fight for robbie. Although rory will lose a lot of the effectiveness of his jab due to southpaw vs orthodox, he presents problems; Range, speed, technical skills, footwork, cardio. I'm not saying he beats robbie in all those categories but he can keep up. He had a completely fucked ankle last fight and it showed.

If he wants to beat robbie he's gotta go to the alley with him. Im not saying he can't be technical, but he has to make robbie back up. He's gotta get in his face, throw 3-4 punch combinations, finish them with kicks and knees. He's gotta put the pressure on him. If he sits back and allows robbie to find his range he's gonna get dropped like he did in the 3rd round of their fight and get stopped or lose a decision.

Great fight dunno who to call but I got the champ. War ruthless. Long live the king. Phone Post 3.0

TommyRSU - I want to start off by saying I'm a life long ruthless fan. My favorite fighter. Never was a rory fan but I'm a fan now. Between his fights and the Joe rogan podcast I think people don't understand that dude. The dude can fucking fight.

This is a tough fight for robbie. Although rory will lose a lot of the effectiveness of his jab due to southpaw vs orthodox, he presents problems; Range, speed, technical skills, footwork, cardio. I'm not saying he beats robbie in all those categories but he can keep up. He had a completely fucked ankle last fight and it showed.

If he wants to beat robbie he's gotta go to the alley with him. Im not saying he can't be technical, but he has to make robbie back up. He's gotta get in his face, throw 3-4 punch combinations, finish them with kicks and knees. He's gotta put the pressure on him. If he sits back and allows robbie to find his range he's gonna get dropped like he did in the 3rd round of their fight and get stopped or lose a decision.

Great fight dunno who to call but I got the champ. War ruthless. Long live the king. Phone Post 3.0

Good break down. This is exactly what happened in their first fight. I had Rory taking control in round 2. Robbie came out in round 3 and Rory didn't do enough to get Robbie's respect. Robbie walked him down, beat him up and won the fight.