Layne Staley - Isolated Vocals

00:00 - Them Bones

02:37 - Man In The Box

06:33 - No Excuses

09:40 - Rooster

15:40 - Would?

Later

Chorus to Man in the Box is ridiculous. I look forward to listening to the rest later. Thanks.

Yes!!

One of the goats

In

AIC is the GOAT 90s band. Fucking Layne could never get the addiction under control.

MarsMan -

Imaginary VU, Hocky

Such bullshit hockey never got his gold name :(

It's funny quite a few people complain about autotune and the hyper-processing of vocals, but listen to that voice, there is so much processing going on to get his "sound".

In teh OG, Hooster snuffs you!

HotSteppa - It's funny quite a few people complain about autotune and the hyper-processing of vocals, but listen to that voice, there is so much processing going on to get his "sound".

What? I heard nothing wrong with the vocals in the OP.

tjmitch - AIC is the GOAT 90s band. Fucking Layne could never get the addiction under control.

Such a tough balance...most of my favorite bands created the music I connect with the most at very dark periods of their lives.  There is a certain type of expression that only seems to come from the bottom of the pit, but you can't hang out at the bottom for all that long or the art starts to suffer (Layne couldn't do anything at the end) or worse.

I'm a huge NIN fan and I love the sound Trent had as he was essentially suicidal during the recording of The Fragile and while I would love another album like that...Trent seemingly happy with a 3 kids isnt going to make anything like that these days and it is good he made it out the other side. 

Usually these make the vocals sound weaker but this is the opposite. Powerful stuff! 

Awesome.  GOAT

Fucking awesome

HotSteppa - It's funny quite a few people complain about autotune and the hyper-processing of vocals, but listen to that voice, there is so much processing going on to get his "sound".

Yeah his voice is layered multiple times at some points and tons of reverb. He's still great but you're right.

Staley, Hoon, Cobain, Weiland, Cornell all checked out way too soon and each one felt like they took a bit of my youth with them. 

Anyone else feel like that? 

Ben Gardners boat -

Staley, Hoon, Cobain, Weiland, Cornell all checked out way too soon and each one felt like they took a bit of my youth with them. 

I know what you mean

Ben Gardners boat -

Totally.