Learn Chess With Dr. Wolf Is A Good App.

I downloaded it the other day. I’ve always sort of known how to play the game but never really learned it to actually know what I’m doing other than moving pieces.

This really helps put a lot of basics together for me. I’m having a lot of fun with it. 

I have a feeling I’m about to fall down a bit of a rabbit hole with chess. I’ve been looking something new and fun to learn and golf is fricking boring. 

If anyone else is interested in learning about chess I’d recommend this app. 

1 Like

Just downloaded it based on your post

Good call. I’ve been enjoying the app myself. It’s always good to go back to keep you fundamentally sound. 

King Trav - 

I downloaded it the other day. I’ve always sort of known how to play the game but never really learned it to actually know what I’m doing other than moving pieces.

This really helps put a lot of basics together for me. I’m having a lot of fun with it. 

I have a feeling I’m about to fall down a bit of a rabbit hole with chess. I’ve been looking something new and fun to learn and golf is fricking boring. 

Welcome to the jungle... MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously though - the minute you begin to see tactical motifs and combinations (even simple ones) chess becomes so much more addictive because you can understand *why* certain positional rules apply, and you can follow why games are interesting or beautiful. 

1 Like

I’m in the same boat but probably worse at than you, OP, even though you’re a Canadian. 

is the app free or pay?

LiveWire -

I’m in the same boat but probably worse at than you, OP, even though you’re a Canadian. 

is the app free or pay?

Looks like a combination. It’s said it’s going to ask for me to pay but so far everything I’ve done has been free. 

Will check it out 

sicko -

Will check it out 

I see what you did there.

Never played chess and I downloaded it and played some tutorial in the last 10.minutes. let's say I learned alot. Not a grandmaster, but learning how the pieces move was big for me. That's the beginning of the strategies anyway right?

Thanks OP, I'm in the same boat. Alwayd "played" chess, but never PLAYED chess. I'll give it a look.

Robert Thomas -

Never played chess and I downloaded it and played some tutorial in the last 10.minutes. let's say I learned alot. Not a grandmaster, but learning how the pieces move was big for me. That's the beginning of the strategies anyway right?

tactics first.  strategy later.

check out chess.com OP.  it's got some great free lessons included with it.

Reviews say you have to pay after three gamea

robert bentley -
King Trav - 

Welcome to the jungle... MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously though - the minute you begin to see tactical motifs and combinations (even simple ones) chess becomes so much more addictive because you can understand *why* certain positional rules apply, and you can follow why games are interesting or beautiful. 

And then the more you love it the more it hurts you

Just tried it myself, pretty good so far. I was always decent at chess, but never had too much strategy.