Learn me on stocks

So I have a fidelity account and I have roughly $600 in shares. I want to trade some shares for a higher amount of a low dollar stock with potential tomo raise. Why does it tell me cash available to trade is only .89 cents. I'm new to this, any one know how this works Phone Post 3.0

Buy low sell high. Sorry that's all I got Phone Post 3.0

No clue but ttt Phone Post 3.0

Barbasol OOTFFTT - Buy low sell high. Sorry that's all I got Phone Post 3.0
Oh oh
High risk high reward
Low risk low reward Phone Post 3.0

you have .89 in cash.

your stock is valued at 600. so if you sold some of your stock you would have more cash and less stock value.

Because your money is in stocks. You have to sell current stocks first then buy new stocks with the proceeds. Phone Post 3.0

DougWilson - you have .89 in cash.

your stock is valued at 600. so if you sold some of your stock you would have more cash and less stock value.
Could it be because it was through a company patrol deduction we are subject to a blackout period since our quarter just ended? Phone Post 3.0

you talking about the .89? was that in there before?

does the stock you own pay a dividend?

Lrean me. Phone Post 3.0

I think it may be cash left over from the last bulk purchase. Maybe? Phone Post 3.0

most likely what you had left after that purchase.

Look at your "positions" page. Either all your money is already invested or your account is too new and the bank transfer is taking forever. Phone Post 3.0

The cash is probably a dividend. Just set it up to automatically reinvest any dividends. Phone Post 3.0

Oh, and buy low, sell high. Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles - Lrean me. Phone Post 3.0
Me tu Phone Post 3.0

Thanks for all the info guys. I found out this morning that it's because I'm in blackout period until Nov 6. Any cheap stocks I should gobble up? Phone Post 3.0

Steven McTowelie - The cash is probably a dividend. Just set it up to automatically reinvest any dividends. Phone Post 3.0
You were correct. How would one set that up Phone Post 3.0

you will have an option to "reinvest all dividends."

there should be a help guide on the website somewhere.

You can't really go wrong with chicken, just get the low sodium version. Phone Post 3.0

theINFAMOUScarpe - Thanks for all the info guys. I found out this morning that it's because I'm in blackout period until Nov 6. Any cheap stocks I should gobble up? Phone Post 3.0
Read this morning that amazon is down like 22 percent this year and 7 more this morning. Hard to see them staying that low.
Granted I think their stock is around 300 a share though. Phone Post 3.0