Leaving for Beijing on Wed... TME

Heading to Beijing for business on Wednesday. I've only ever been to Asia once and that was to train in Thailand. I'm also a brown guy who (I've been told) looks like Derek Jeter. TME.

Oh... and how do I access my gmail account from behind the great fire wall?

you will need a VPN to access gmail (and a ton of other stuff)...

LeftLowKick - you will need a VPN to access gmail (and a ton of other stuff)...

I have PIA but I'm not sure how to configure it. The PIA web site isn't much help either. What other stuff will I need??

Geez... expected more from this group.

Go to Da Dong for the best Peking Roast Duck you will ever have

I think Opera web browser has a built in VPN but haven't tried it before.

Just heard about it. Try that

98lbweakling - Heading to Beijing for business on Wednesday. I've only ever been to Asia once and that was to train in Thailand. I'm also a brown guy who (I've been told) looks like Derek Jeter. TME.
Either expect to be confused with Derek Jeter a few times, or crippling racism

Gojjira - 
98lbweakling - Heading to Beijing for business on Wednesday. I've only ever been to Asia once and that was to train in Thailand. I'm also a brown guy who (I've been told) looks like Derek Jeter. TME.

I was actually concerned about this. I heard some interesting stories from my Chinese colleagues.

98lbweakling - 
Gojjira - 

I was actually concerned about this. I heard some interesting stories from my Chinese colleagues.

You will get stared at by everyone. Just get used to it.

Are you mexican or indian level of brown?

Chinese are pretty racist but not in aggressive way, you will be fine.

Rahjai MD - 
98lbweakling - 
Gojjira - 

Black... but fair-skinned. Yes, that's what I've been told. I've heard the Beijingers are used to seeing foreigners but the rural Chinese who are visiting Beijing are actually the ones who try to touch people's hair and take pictures with them like a side-show freak.

98lbweakling -
Rahjai MD - 
98lbweakling - 
Gojjira - 

Black... but fair-skinned. Yes, that's what I've been told. I've heard the Beijingers are used to seeing foreigners but the rural Chinese who are visiting Beijing are actually the ones who try to touch people's hair and take pictures with them like a side-show freak.

Oh ur black .  Yea u getting pics taken for sure!