Leben recounts getting KO'd by Anderson Silva

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/1250238196568424448

![](upload://xuQgZjE2D0E9bRRZdnPIUoJDnQF.jpeg)

1 Like

That was an utterly fascinating fight to watch.

Haven't seen one quite like it, before or since.

I was eating at the cafe in hardrock shortly before the event and in walks anderson and crew...noone knew who he was!

1 Like

also he still has memory loss - there was no flying knee

That Anderson guy is the future, he's gonna be something special 

2 Likes

Anderson Silva knocks out Leben - YouTube respect to Leban but this is one of my all time favorite MMA videos.

2 Likes

Before the fight, I KNEW Silva was going to win a lopsided decision, he was way too slick but I thought Leban would have his moments.

Fuck me, Anderson was much MUCH better that we all thought.

1 Like

my friends had just gotten into UFC when i told them to watch TUF

they were hooked and when this fight happened they were all about Leben knocking this nobody out

i made a 100% guarantee to them that not only would Anderson win, but he would win by KO, and i won $100 from each of them (5 of them)

3 Likes

Im probably the only long time MMA fan who though Leben would win. Anderson was known to be easy to take down with shaky grappling, and Leben had an underrated ground game. And i felt that coming from a good team, they would give him the right gameplan.

I was wrong lol.

1 Like

One of the most flawless victories of all time

1 Like
gokudamus -

It's funny, I've been binge watching PRIDE events lately, and seeing Silva pre and post arrival to the UFC has been fascinating.  It's like a light switch just flipped for him and he found himself as a fighter and just had this ultra high level of confidence. 

Other than maybe Demetrious Johnson, Anderson Silva is the closest thing I have seen to watching a video game in real life. He was like the real life Matrix

1 Like
WaltJ - 

It's funny, I've been binge watching PRIDE events lately, and seeing Silva pre and post arrival to the UFC has been fascinating.  It's like a light switch just flipped for him and he found himself as a fighter and just had this ultra high level of confidence. 

Other than maybe Demetrious Johnson, Anderson Silva is the closest thing I have seen to watching a video game in real life. He was like the real life Matrix

Yeah exactly.

He was not a world beater pre UFC. He struggled with and lost to some mediocre fighters.

Say what you want about the fight but the guys in the UFC proved to be better than all the guys in pride. Gomi got his shit pushed in when he came to the UFC. None of the other guys from pride had a ton of success either

Can someone add the Forrest vids and interviews?

In Limbo -

my friends had just gotten into UFC when i told them to watch TUF

they were hooked and when this fight happened they were all about Leben knocking this nobody out

i made a 100% guarantee to them that not only would Anderson win, but he would win by KO, and i won $100 from each of them (5 of them)

My story is very similar but I was in the middle of a 2.5 year sentence so my payout was juices and soups lol 

2 Likes
failure at life -

Say what you want about the fight but the guys in the UFC proved to be better than all the guys in pride. Gomi got his shit pushed in when he came to the UFC. None of the other guys from pride had a ton of success either

Really?

Shogun came to the ufc and won a title.

Werdum came to the ufc and won a title.

Rampage came to the ufc and won a title.

Minotauro cane to the ufc and won a title.

Dan Henderson and Overeem both had success and made it to title matches.

10 Likes
danybayamon23 - 
gokudamus -

it was a solid knee just not flying

Leben was tough and the way Anderson handled him was impressive

failure at life -

I’m going to disagree. Silva did better in UFC and had a harder time in Pride. Liddell did okay when he fought in Pride, but not at successful as in UFC. I see what you’re saying, but this goes both ways. 

It’s pretty difficult to say which org had the better fighters. There’s strong arguments on both sides. 

Also, I miss IFL. GO SILVERBACKS!

1 Like
WaltJ -

The time in Cage Rage helped him get ready for UFC.

2 Likes