Leben vs Martin UFN 11

usmcguzman- I kinda agree, if Martin beats Leban and wins another fight he'll get a title shot. However, what if Leben KO's Martin in the first round?

"Farmer I agree. I really wanted to see Martin against Swick or even Okami but if he takes out Leben in the first round, like im betting he would, i see him with a title shot late this year. what you think?"

If he beats Leben his next fight he could get a title shot, but I suspect the UFC will give him one more fight before then. Maybe Martin/Okami or Martin/Kampmann for a title shot.

So Leben is dodging Swick but fights on the same card as him vs Martin? I am confused

He'll walk over Leben and most likely have a #1 contender match w/ Franklin unless I missed some announcement in the past few weeks

Wow this fight actually couldn't be any better for Terry Martin, that is unless Leben loses an arm in a tragic accident.

"So Leben is dodging Swick but fights on the same card as him vs Martin? I am confused"

I'm not. Looks like he's ducking Swick big time.

"He'll walk over Leben and most likely have a #1 contender match w/ Franklin unless I missed some announcement in the past few weeks"

Franklin is already fighting Anderson Silva for the title in October.

Martin vs. Franklin will not happen. Martin ended Franklins brother mma carrer plus they are both with Monte Cox, so this fight wont happen unless its absolutly necessary.

I don't think Leben is ducking Swick perse.
Either two scenario's or both happened:

1.Why fight a guy you already beat 3 years ago?
If he wins so what?If he loses that sucks.

2.Cutting to 170 was gonna be too much for him.

I am not sure why UFC is puttting him against Martin considering he just came off a big win and Leben a boring decision loss.Rumors are strong UFC is gonna let him go after this fight too so why make it?

Good fight though imo.

Ive been to all of Martins fights since he started mma. and it would take something freakish like a flyin knee to knock this guy out. Homer moore broke martins jaw with a punch and Martin later made em tap from punches

Ive been to all of Martins fights since he started mma. and it would take something freakish like a flyin knee to knock this guy out. Homer moore broke martins jaw with a punch and Martin later made em tap from punches

because it will be fun to watch terry decapitate chris!

sorry bout the double post..baby in my lap

"I don't think Leben is ducking Swick perse. Either two scenario's or both happened:
1.Why fight a guy you already beat 3 years ago? If he wins so what?If he loses that sucks.

2.Cutting to 170 was gonna be too much for him.

I am not sure why UFC is puttting him against Martin considering he just came off a big win and Leben a boring decision loss.Rumors are strong UFC is gonna let him go after this fight too so why make it?

Good fight though imo."

Answers:

1. Because Leben said numerous times he'd fight Swick again any place any time.

2. Swick said he'd stay at 185 for this fight or even fight him at a catch weight. He said he'd fight Leben at whatever weight Leben wanted.

bigFarmer-I consider ducking someone cause you are scared you will lose kinda like Tito and Chuck.

I figure this is a management dec\isionu

Farmer do you really want to see Swick vs. Leben? those two guys bore the hell out of me. but their fun to watch when theyre gettin their asses handed to them..but I hear ya..Leben obviously is avoiding fighting swick

Do you guys think that Leben thinks that Martin would be an easier fight than Swick?

"Farmer do you really want to see Swick vs. Leben? those two guys bore the hell out of me. but their fun to watch when theyre gettin their asses handed to them..but I hear ya..Leben obviously is avoiding fighting swick"

I was actually really looking forward to this fight. I saw their first fight in the WEC and it was really entertaining. Swick was taking it to Leben, then got caught with a huge punch that put him out. Luckily they found someone really good to fight Leben in Swick's place.

I see. I never saw it so i guess you got a point. I just would think since they both need a win they would be timid on throwing puches or goig for take downs afraid of geting caught with something

Get him Terry.