Lebron James deal is for 2 years

Interesting he has outs. Phone Post 3.0

Of course he does.

Nothing Lebron does is out of loyalty.

We're probably going to have to deal with the decision/indecision every 2 years.

KFP49 -

We're probably going to have to deal with the decision/indecision every 2 years.

Ugh you are probably right.

"Guys trust me I'm staying in Cleveland" Phone Post 3.0

KFP49 - 

He's more of a mercenary than leader.

He'll just keep going to the best situation if the last one stops working out.

RdotC -
KFP49 - 

If they don't make the finals next year he's gone Phone Post 3.0

According to reports he did it as revenue will be expanding in two years so he wants a long term contract with the Cavs after his two year deal but he has an opt out clause after one

So it's a one year year deal actually lol Phone Post 3.0

RdotC - 
KFP49 - 

I like that analogy.

He kinda screwed himself in that letter by saying he wants to end his career in Cleveland.

If he decides to go elsewhere again...Well, you know. Phone Post 3.0

It seems you can't really build a team around Lebron... it has to already be built for him...

He's no Kobe or Jordan or Duncan... or anyone like that.

RdotC - It seems you can't really build a team around Lebron... it has to already be built for him...

Not downplaying him as a player... just more speaking to the type of person he is.

Dude is the best athlete in the game and has been for several seasons.

Hocky Balboa - He kinda screwed himself in that letter by saying he wants to end his career in Cleveland.

If he decides to go elsewhere again...Well, you know. Phone Post 3.0

HAWKZILLA - Interesting he has outs. Phone Post 3.0

He's not coming back to Miami.

heavyweightmma - 
HAWKZILLA - Interesting he has outs. Phone Post 3.0

He's not coming back to Miami.

He does if they have the most talent and enough cap space.

It's iust so he can sign a max deal in a couple years when the max deal is worth more than it is now. He's not going anywhere Phone Post 3.0

Dst21 - It's iust so he can sign a max deal in a couple years when the max deal is worth more than it is now. He's not going anywhere Phone Post 3.0

Lets revisit that if the Cavs don't make the finals either year.

I read the financials and it makes sense but no cavs fan in the would can feel comfortable with this.

I mean he could say screw it I'm out NEXT YEAR.

Let's say Kevin love goes elsewhere what's gonna happen? This cavs team isn't enough as itnis to win a chip. Phone Post 3.0

RdotC - It seems you can't really build a team around Lebron... it has to already be built for him...

That can't be true. He's from northeast Ohio, where nothing is given, everything is earned.

RdotC - It seems you can't really build a team around Lebron... it has to already be built for him...

Kobe the lakers did eventually build a team for him, the bulls eventually built a team to compliment Jordan. Cleveland never did. And last year the heat amnestied mike miller and didn't go after any real upgrades in free agency to prevent having to pay an extra 17 million in luxury tax. Despite estimates stating that the owner added nearly a 120 million to his net worth during lebron's 4 years there. He took a pay cut to play in Miami, the owner got even richer and when it came time for him to take a bit of a hit on his own pockets he said 'nah, fuck that just go repeat with an even lesser team than before'
If the heat would have kept miller and got aggressive in free agency last year to get a legit 5 to rebound and protect the rim, luxury tax be damned, they wouldn't be in this position. He carried Cleveland from a lottery team to a legit title contender single handed. Phone Post 3.0

HAWKZILLA - I read the financials and it makes sense but no cavs fan in the would can feel comfortable with this.

I mean he could say screw it I'm out NEXT YEAR.

Let's say Kevin love goes elsewhere what's gonna happen? This cavs team isn't enough as itnis to win a chip. Phone Post 3.0
Last year he carried the heat to the title with a little help from bosh and wade and this year he took them to the verge by himself. At this point in his career lebron can take a team to the top. And he knows what he needs to compliment him, a point guard who can actually run the offense so that he isn't responsible for playmaking, getting everyone involved and still be #1 scoring option. Cleveland has that in Irving. He needs guys that will get in there and scrap for boards. That have that in varajo. Give him some sharp shooting threats to keep teams from clogging the lane. If they sign Allen and miller they will have that. He doesn't need superstars with him, but like everyone else he does need the right pieces. When they released miler and and got Andersen no help on the boards, Miami failed to upgrade. Phone Post 3.0