Lebron James is pushing for Melo

Even if that means they have to trade Kevin Love to the Knicks! Damn talk about being thrown under the bus. I hope Love is on suicide watch right now lol

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/06/report-lebron-james-pushing-cavaliers-to-trade-for-carmelo-anthony-even-if-they-must-send-kevin-love-to-knicks/

"According to a league source, LeBron is the one pushing the Cleveland Cavaliers front office to acquire Carmelo even if it means trading Kevin Love, which is something Cavs management is opposed to doing."

I don't watch New York much but this *could* be good for the Cavs. Melo would probably play harder on the Cavs knowing he actually has a shot at winning a championship. He did score 45 points in a game last week I forget against who though 

I hate these secret sources. If Lebron wants the deal done, it will get done. He made a comment like this isn't fantasy basketball when someone asked him about possibly getting Melo

I love how Lebron personally cherry picks his team, demands all his friends on that team get max deals, then cry when the bench isn't deep or the line up isn't to his satisfaction.

These are the players you picked. Moreover, they just won a fucking championship with this same squad, how insulting must it be for everyone on the Cavs to be rendered so trivial and meaningless to him.

Lebron has a bad God complex. He needs to just shut up and play basketball. They will trade Love, acquire Melo, and then Lebron will be crying about how they need more youth on the team, because its overly reliant on veterans. If you are in the front office, you simply cannot ever win with Lebron. He will always find things to bitch about.

He would demand an all seafood dinner, then bitch there is no steak on his plate.

i love seeing players stick it to shitty owners who have been sticking it to players for years.

Lebron is going to destroy the cavs and leave Gilbert with less than he had when Lebron was in Miami. All while Lebron gets credit for bringing Cleveland a title. Sometimes the tables are turned.

jcblass - I love how Lebron personally cherry picks his team, demands all his friends on that team get max deals, then cry when the bench isn't deep or the line up isn't to his satisfaction.

These are the players you picked. Moreover, they just won a fucking championship with this same squad, how insulting must it be for everyone on the Cavs to be rendered so trivial and meaningless to him.

Lebron has a bad God complex. He needs to just shut up and play basketball. They will trade Love, acquire Melo, and then Lebron will be crying about how they need more youth on the team, because its overly reliant on veterans. If you are in the front office, you simply cannot ever win with Lebron. He will always find things to bitch about.

He would demand an all seafood dinner, then bitch there is no steak on his plate.

pretty much

This is fuckin great news! 

Jordan ruined the Bulls future as well. He demanded such a high salary they couldn't sign anyone long term.

Krause was in an impossible spot. Pay MJ and win another title or 2, or call his bluff and plan for the future. Well, he got his 2 titles. But it's been about 20 years since they were relevant.

jcblass - I love how Lebron personally cherry picks his team, demands all his friends on that team get max deals, then cry when the bench isn't deep or the line up isn't to his satisfaction.

When you leave a 60 win team and the following year they have the worst record in the history of basketball, the owner writes that letter blasting him publically, you go back and bring a title they haven't had in 50 years and you can do whatever you want

but really, I doubt it will happen. Melo isn't a good fit and I think Lebron knows it

A downward spiral shooter on his way out? Cleveland has enough shooters on the court. They need Love, his ability to post is something that needs to stay on the roster and he's gonna get more boards.

Ramon Maroni -

pretty much

Honestly, I hope they do trade love for Melo so i can watch games lose another final.

Apparently after the game Lebron said these were just shit rumors 

Lindsay PhDDD - 

When you leave a 60 win team and the following year they have the worst record in the history of basketball, the owner writes that letter blasting him publically, you go back and bring a title they haven't had in 50 years and you can do whatever you want

Actually you can't. There are limits. There simply might not be a good deal out there, they might not have the money left to pay, they might be looking long term. There are 100 variables that make it so Lebron can't simply do what he wants.

Lebron James simply does not want to compete, he wants a super team every year while cruising to titles. We saw how well he did by himself. At every step of the way, he needs multiple all-stars around him to even be competitive in today's NBA.

Is Lebron a great basketball player, yes. Is he top 5, probably, but out of most of the other hall of fame players, he simply lacks the competitive spirit. He gives up and complains way too easy. This is just more evidence of that....

I'd give the Cavs Melo for a draft pick at this point. 

James is racist. He wants to get rid of the best white guy on their team.

jcblass - 
Lindsay PhDDD - 

Actually you can't. There are limits. There simply might not be a good deal out there, they might not have the money left to pay, they might be looking long term. There are 100 variables that make it so Lebron can't simply do what he wants.

Lebron James simply does not want to compete, he wants a super team every year while cruising to titles. We saw how well he did by himself. At every step of the way, he needs multiple all-stars around him to even be competitive in today's NBA.

Is Lebron a great basketball player, yes. Is he top 5, probably, but out of most of the other hall of fame players, he simply lacks the competitive spirit. He gives up and complains way too easy. This is just more evidence of that....

Gilbert would rather eat a luxury tax and be relevant than be the laughing stock of the league

As far as the competing part, they know there is a team that has 2 of the top 3 players in the league, their 3rd best players is easily a top 10 player in the league, more depth and a stronger bench. The fact that he pushes for talent shows he wants to compete. He cemented his competitive legacy being down 3-1 to the team with the best record in history and coming back to win with 2 road games including game 7. 

2 years ago he could have let the Warriors sweep them being short handed without Love and Kyrie but he actully got MVP votes on a losing team and pushed it to 6 games with Delladova as the 2nd best player. 

If we took a time machine back to 2011 we would be in agreement. Since the Dallas series he has arguably been the best player in the 20 series he has played in since then. Even in losing performances 

What it comes down to is this has become a league where stars move around in their prime and you have to adapt 

No way Knicks will actually trade for someone worthwhile.... it's not their style. They'll give Melo away for damn near free and then pay over for some free agent in the off-season. They are the worst run club in sports.