Leg cramps

How often do you guys get serious leg cramps in your calf? I get them probably around 6 times a year and it's always in the middle of the night when I'm sleeping and idk why it happens at night. And for some reason it's always my left leg calf, not my right one.

Just 2 days ago I was swimming in a pool and out of no where it happened and it was the worst it had ever been in my life. It lasted for about 7 minutes which is the longest it's ever lasted. Had to massage it the whole time and try to pull my foot back but it just wasn't happening it kept contracting or whatever. I need to start eating more bananas I guess Phone Post 3.0

Do you even hydrate, bro? Phone Post 3.0

The only time I'm lucky enough to suffer leg cramps is when I'm sound asleep. I can't think of a much worse wake up than a powerful calf or hamstring cramp. I find myself flying out of bed, tripping over dogs, and stumbling all over in agony. Phone Post 3.0

I get them multiple times a week and I eat lots of Bananas and drink like a gallon of water per day.

There is no such thing as a serious calf cramp.

Come talk to me when you get the combo piece hamstring/quad cramp. You need to find the sweet spot in the middle where both hurt more than any calf cramp ever has but it's still nothing compared to the absolute rape of a full on hamstring cramp.

Dead President - Do you even hydrate, bro? Phone Post 3.0
I drink a gallon of water every weekday Phone Post 3.0

Taurine. Take it now. Thank me later Phone Post 3.0

Drink some pickle juice Phone Post 3.0

I got a double lat cramp one day while trying to take off my coat in a restaurant.

I'm pretty sure everybody in there thought they were seeing an exorcism.

I get random leg cramps as well. Calf can usually be stretched out by forcing the toes up towards your knee.

Hamstring/quad and you're fucked. Phone Post 3.0

Shinsplint - I got a double lat cramp one day while trying to take off my coat in a restaurant.

I get random leg cramps as well. Calf can usually be stretched out by forcing the toes up towards your knee.

Lmfao damn Phone Post 3.0

Super Saiyan God Vegeta - 
Shinsplint - I got a double lat cramp one day while trying to take off my coat in a restaurant.

Lmfao damn Phone Post 3.0

i'll rule out hydrating as you said you're drinking water. try this:

some baking soda with water. this is from someone who gets cramps every now and then. be careful as i had a co worker simply pick up his toddler and got a hamstring cramp. shit was so bad that the muscle tore itself and he was out of work for a while. drinking the baking soda elixir fixes shit within seconds, usually about a tablespoon with 8oz of water.

Ease up on the caffeine and drink some pedialyte. Phone Post 3.0

I've had the worst of my life today after and during the Spartan Race. Completely dehydrated but I also don't stretch so get them often. I am taking an Epsom bath in a bit in hopes that I don't wake up in the middle of the night in excruciating pain Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup - I get them multiple times a week and I eat lots of Bananas and drink like a gallon of water per day.

There is no such thing as a serious calf cramp.

Come talk to me when you get the combo piece hamstring/quad cramp. You need to find the sweet spot in the middle where both hurt more than any calf cramp ever has but it's still nothing compared to the absolute rape of a full on hamstring cramp.
I've had cramps, they hurt like fuck! But nothing on kidney stones.

Still, a morning cramp when you yawn and stretch out and it suddenly starts, is a bitch. Over-flexing a muscle causes it, IMO. Phone Post 3.0

magesium helped me alot

water and stretching helps, especially at night.

Buddy of mine was getting them bad and here his kidneys were failing, he is on dialysis now.

Interesting ideas for helping.
I get full leg cramps on the right at least one a week while sleeping, foot and all. The nerves are damaged into that leg and I have "drop foot," I can't bend my foot or toes up. If I stretch my leg a certain way, I get them just in the calf, almost daily.
Very rarely, I'll get them on the left but not nearly as bad. Phone Post 3.0

I get hamstring cramps pretty regularly after any running intense sport....its pretty ridiculous. whole leg has to blast straight out, no matter the consequences Phone Post 3.0