Legalizing weed - worst case scenario

Saw a story on my local news last night (albany, ny) saying the governor could be introducing the possibility for medical marijuana in his state of the state address. When posted on the news channels Facebook one local commented "I think we will see an increase in 'illnesses' that require this type of 'medicine'" to which I ask... So?

Honestly what are you conservatives so afraid is going to happen if weed were legal tomorrow? Phone Post 3.0

DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER....MASS HYSTERIA!!!!!!!!!!

We just had this thread. I dont think i saw a single oger who was concerned. Phone Post 3.0

Nothing. But they are gonna keep it down for whatever reasons. Phone Post 3.0

Is it really that bad if we knew who was smoking it, how much they're purchasing, and they paid taxes on it? Regardless of the reason they're smoking, it just seems like such a silly harmless thing to be so vehemently opposed to. Phone Post 3.0

518 REPRESENT!

They think you can get hooked on it and it will make you the stereotypical stoner. This is all from my conservative father btw. If people really want pot legal IMHO we need people speaking for it that aren't stupid looking stoners from California such as the weirdos on weed wars, Doug benson on super high me, snoop dogg, etc.. Phone Post 3.0

QuinTheEskimo - We just had this thread. I dont think i saw a single oger who was concerned. Phone Post 3.0
Eh, fuck me then. I should have searched. Phone Post 3.0

Soon, society will look back at Marijuana being illegal and the unimaginable amount of money spent to erradicate it over decades and it will shake it's collective head in disgust.

Who the fuck is still opposed to the legalization of Marijuana? Ship them off to Saudi Arabia where they belong.

They think you can get hooked on it and it will make you the stereotypical stoner. This is all from my conservative father btw. If people really want pot legal IMHO we need people speaking for it that aren't stupid looking stoners from California such as the weirdos on weed wars, Doug benson on super high me, snoop dogg, etc.. Phone Post 3.0

Michael Washam - They think you can get hooked on it and it will make you the stereotypical stoner. This is all from my conservative father btw. If people really want pot legal IMHO we need people speaking for it that aren't stupid looking stoners from California such as the weirdos on weed wars, Doug benson on super high me, snoop dogg, etc.. Phone Post 3.0

The problem is that society only recognize the stereotypical pothead. They don't notice the doctors, lawers, respected law enforcment officials, teachers and other hard working, driven Americans that use it.

Michael Washam - They think you can get hooked on it and it will make you the stereotypical stoner. This is all from my conservative father btw. If people really want pot legal IMHO we need people speaking for it that aren't stupid looking stoners from California such as the weirdos on weed wars, Doug benson on super high me, snoop dogg, etc.. Phone Post 3.0
I fully agree with this, we need somebody who's not high all the time to do the talking. Phone Post 3.0

Nexuscrawlers - 518 REPRESENT!
Vu Phone Post 3.0

Smokemonster - 
Michael Washam - They think you can get hooked on it and it will make you the stereotypical stoner. This is all from my conservative father btw. If people really want pot legal IMHO we need people speaking for it that aren't stupid looking stoners from California such as the weirdos on weed wars, Doug benson on super high me, snoop dogg, etc.. Phone Post 3.0
I fully agree with this, we need somebody who's not high all the time to do the talking. Phone Post 3.0

I also don't think naming strains like "green crack" help either.  If the growers want weed legal, start giving it more normal mainstream names. 

Jack Carter -
Michael Washam - They think you can get hooked on it and it will make you the stereotypical stoner. This is all from my conservative father btw. If people really want pot legal IMHO we need people speaking for it that aren't stupid looking stoners from California such as the weirdos on weed wars, Doug benson on super high me, snoop dogg, etc.. Phone Post 3.0

The problem is that society only recognize the stereotypical pothead. They don't notice the doctors, lawers, respected law enforcment officials, teachers and other hard working, driven Americans that use it.

This is exactly why i have considered starting a chapter of NORML here in my hometown. I am not a doctor by any means, but i am a hard working conservative redneck. I feel like more people in west texas would be open to the idea of marijuana being an acceptable form of recreation if more guys like me would come out of the weed closet. Unfortunately my wife is going to try to start teaching next fall and i feel like her job prospects would dry up quickly if she were married to an outspoken pothead.

This is the problem with the whole movement, the activists are usually obnoxious hippies. The rest of us have responsibilities that might be hindered by our activism. Phone Post 3.0

I feel like there's pretty overwhelming evidence debunking the supposedly addictive tendancies of MJ and the same for the "gateway drug" theories Phone Post 3.0

Well, it's bad for the pharmacuetical companies, tobacco and alcohol manufacturers, and bad for law enforcement. Why would you pay hundreds of dollars a month on certain pain pills or other remedies when a lot of the symptoms can be alleviated by something you can grow in your backyard?  No way to make money off that.

Legalized pot also would likely cut heavily into tobacco and alcohol sales.  Again, if it were hard to grow and process, I'm sure tobacco companies would have been lobbying for its legalization decades ago.

Law enforcement has a lot of funding and jobs generated by keeping pot illegal.  And that doesn't even take into account the cash and property seisures from drug arrests that go to funding their departments.

QuinTheEskimo - 
Jack Carter -

This is exactly why i have considered starting a chapter of NORML here in my hometown. I am not a doctor by any means, but i am a hard working conservative redneck. I feel like more people in west texas would be open to the idea of marijuana being an acceptable form of recreation if more guys like me would come out of the weed closet. Unfortunately my wife is going to try to start teaching next fall and i feel like her job prospects would dry up quickly if she were married to an outspoken pothead.

This is the problem with the whole movement, the activists are usually obnoxious hippies. The rest of us have responsibilities that might be hindered by our activism. Phone Post 3.0

This is the overwhelmingly correct answer. Myself, and a lot of buddies are hard working successful individuals. Ya we toke... Who gives a fuck. I am 10x more successful than most of my buddies that don't.

But then, if I come out in support and "out of the closet" my job advancement hits the shitter... what do?

im_MLT -
QuinTheEskimo - 
Jack Carter -

This is the overwhelmingly correct answer. Myself, and a lot of buddies are hard working successful individuals. Ya we toke... Who gives a fuck. I am 10x more successful than most of my buddies that don't.

But then, if I come out in support and "out of the closet" my job advancement hits the shitter... what do?
Vu. It's martyrdom Phone Post 3.0

More annoying stoners I guess Phone Post