Legitimacy of UFC titles fading fast....

The 145 champ got KO'd in 12.5 seconds

The 155 champ was ducking the clear #1 contender less than an hour after he won the strap

@ 170 GSP never lost + The Askren Asterisk

The 185 champ got a lucky shot in and proceeded to get beat up by Hollywood Hendo for a second time + ducking Romero unless you place a musket to his temple

205 wont be legit until someone beats Johnny(it pains me to say, but true). Not Cromier's fault, but he sure does seem to get "injured" quite a bit.

HW is legit AF though. Props to Stipe for keeping it 100.

135 and 125? or are you an "i don't watch midgets" guy?

flemingo - 

135 and 125? or are you an "i don't watch midgets" guy?

Those guys are legit as well as the women's title^

They get my approval.

I especially like Mighty Mouse after that last win.

I remember when title shots were legit and not just handed out based on popularity or PPV potential sales.... 

Also - this interim title nonsense at 145.

a) we're going to strip Conor
b) we'll make the interim champion, the new champion
c)Even though we just made a new champion we're going to create a new interim champion just because the UFC Toronto card sucks

If you're going to strip Conor, then he either needs to declare that he won't defend his title of provide a timetable for which he needs to make his first defense.

fastnotch331 -
clattymine -

I remember when title shots were legit and not just handed out based on popularity or PPV potential sales.... 

I remember when the only gift title shots were the ultimate fighter the "comeback " . Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, that was never a thing. 

LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye -
fastnotch331 -
clattymine -

I remember when the only gift title shots were the ultimate fighter the "comeback " . Phone Post 3.0

Sure was....

WattMell - Stopped reading at "The Askren Asterisk".

There is no asterisk, he got smoked by Luis Santos and purposely trashed Dana because he didn't want to be in the big leagues. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not seeing a loss on his record anywhere. You must be mistaken Watty.

Unless the UFC employs the best in the world how can they lay claim to having "World Champions"?

They low balled him and he had the balls to stand up for himself. You might want to try it sometime Watty.

*Askren

I'm a retard.

SensoriaUtopia -

It all could have been avoided if they had Conor have 1 measly title defense at FW first, they had to rush everything, for the sake of PPV buys. 

They took 2 stacked weightclasses and fucked it up for the sake of 1 guy, sure he and his opponent make bank when he fights his 2 or 3 fights a year, but the rest of the guys in the top 10 in 2 stacked weightclasses are stalled out and screwed in some financial gains due to this.

instead of Aldo getting a remtach and Frankie a title shot, they force them to fight each other a 2nd time, killing off one, Holloway also should have had a shot, and Pettis is in the mix, now you force killing off one of a title contender for 2017, same with 155, Khabib should be getting next shot and Ferguson afer that, now they are forcing them each against other, and back logging guys like Edson Barboza and Beniul Dariush,  Eddie will be coming back for a big fight, Nate also etc...

Then you have the odd deal at 205 , Jones is the best fight, next even lost a fight ever, but Cormier is a champ who is often hurt.  Dom fights infrequently at 135 due to injury, whoever is the Heavy champ in recent times seems to be either injured or taking time off and seems like heavy weight title fights are 2 times a year at most, maybe even only 1 time a year.

RDA and Pettis are also past champs who foughts about 2 times a year only.

Just unthinkable the amount of issues there are with champs defending their belts.  About time they overcome this problem.

I'm not sure Eddie return in much of a big fight after 205. He won the belt on Fightpass, and many didn't feel he even deserved the shot for the belt. Getting annhiliated on one of the biggest stages in fight history doesn't make for a big return bout, unless you're Ronda Rousey or Mike Tyson.

boxing wiz -
SensoriaUtopia -

It all could have been avoided if they had Conor have 1 measly title defense at FW first, they had to rush everything, for the sake of PPV buys. 

They took 2 stacked weightclasses and fucked it up for the sake of 1 guy, sure he and his opponent make bank when he fights his 2 or 3 fights a year, but the rest of the guys in the top 10 in 2 stacked weightclasses are stalled out and screwed in some financial gains due to this.

instead of Aldo getting a remtach and Frankie a title shot, they force them to fight each other a 2nd time, killing off one, Holloway also should have had a shot, and Pettis is in the mix, now you force killing off one of a title contender for 2017, same with 155, Khabib should be getting next shot and Ferguson afer that, now they are forcing them each against other, and back logging guys like Edson Barboza and Beniul Dariush,  Eddie will be coming back for a big fight, Nate also etc...

Then you have the odd deal at 205 , Jones is the best fight, next even lost a fight ever, but Cormier is a champ who is often hurt.  Dom fights infrequently at 135 due to injury, whoever is the Heavy champ in recent times seems to be either injured or taking time off and seems like heavy weight title fights are 2 times a year at most, maybe even only 1 time a year.

RDA and Pettis are also past champs who foughts about 2 times a year only.

Just unthinkable the amount of issues there are with champs defending their belts.  About time they overcome this problem.

I'm not sure Eddie return in much of a big fight after 205. He won the belt on Fightpass, and many didn't feel he even deserved the shot for the belt. Getting annhiliated on one of the biggest stages in fight history doesn't make for a big return bout, unless you're Ronda Rousey or Mike Tyson.

Or Conor McGregor...

4de1 - Also - this interim title nonsense at 145.

a) we're going to strip Conor
b) we'll make the interim champion, the new champion
c)Even though we just made a new champion we're going to create a new interim champion just because the UFC Toronto card sucks

If you're going to strip Conor, then he either needs to declare that he won't defend his title of provide a timetable for which he needs to make his first defense.

Agreed.  This is probably the worst thing they've ever done.  Completely embarrassing to the company and the sport. 

The Askren Asterisk. VTFU

LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye -
fastnotch331 -
clattymine -

Lol, then how did Serra end up with the strap? Phone Post 3.0

This thread gets made every year or two...

Slaughter on Tenth Avenue -

This thread gets made every year or two...

Bullshit! Things have never been like they have been in the last couple years. If there was an interim champ in the past it was far and few between, hence, no reason to make a thread like this to have been made until now. You're full of beans Mr.!

Wonder who is responsible for the 145 lb interim belt debacle.

What a doofus idea.

Hughes @ 170

Rich @ 185

Chuck @ 205

+ Ripped Sylvia @ HW

Those were the glory days. Legit world beater champs

*Fedor

Also can't argue much with the Sherk, GSP, Anderson, Rampage, Couture era.

*Fedor

fastnotch331 -
clattymine -

So true on both Phone Post 3.0

Misaki - Hughes @ 170

Rich @ 185

Chuck @ 205

+ Ripped Sylvia @ HW

Those were the glory days. Legit world beater champs

*Fedor

Also can't argue much with the Sherk, GSP, Anderson, Rampage, Couture era.

*Fedor

Lol! Asterisk Fedor, I do support. This thread is perfect in all it's simplicity.