Lemon POS Car ideas?

Against my advice my 21 year old son who is Married w 2 kids (Obviously never listens) Bought a 2004 Volkswagen Toureg for his wife last month from a used car dealer abour 1.5 hours away for ($4200) Leather and Poer everything. Really nice, but the Car broke down on him a week later (Won't start, Fuel system problems)  Already almost $1000 in repairs from his grandpa and his mechanic friend.  Still not running.  Picked it up from a different mechanic yesterday, and broke down less than a mile down the road.  Now back at the Shop.

There is no lemon law in Georgia for used cars, and the car was purchaded "As Is" 

He's just now trying to get it running long enough to unload it, but now it's going to cost even more to even do that.  At what point do you stop?  And what are the options for unload a car that won't start you just paid $4200 for?

Any suggestions on what to do?  He has no money, wife doesn't work, and never will.  He has a decent job, but can't afford shit with 1 income.  

21 and already 2 kids, Yikes

and as my Dad would say, "sometimes its just cheaper too walk away"

Ramon Maroni - 21 and already 2 kids, Yikes

To a wife who refuses to work, and cheated on him 5 times (that he knows of) while they were just dating.

The car is just a drop in the bucket as to how fucked he is..

Just trying to help where I can :(

DiscoNfrno -
Ramon Maroni - 21 and already 2 kids, Yikes

To a wife who refuses to work, and cheated on him 5 times (that he knows of) while they were just dating.

The car is just a drop in the bucket as to how fucked he is..

Just trying to help where I can :(

Good on you, I made alot of mistakes early on that in hindsight should've have been pointed out to my dumbass. Props for being a good dad.

for the love of all that is holy do not let him take that to a dealer and trade it in on a car.  This is the time when people get desperate and they just want a car that works so they walk in a before you know it they have a nissan altima that somehow they owe $46,000 on becuase the dealer was going to help them out....

If you he can somehow at least get the car running and craigslist that bad boy people are suckers like him and want to drive a semi-luxury suv even though they are ticking time bomb.  Even if you can lend him some money he has got to at least get that thing driveable, otherwise he'll be luck to get $500-$1,000 for it.

He's a nice kid, and won't be willing to sucker some individual (like himself) on Craigslist.

When it's a faceless dealership it kind of changes the mentality I think.  Not sure what he's going to do though.

Fix it up enough to run and drive and list it on Craigslist. You can also find vehicles from IAA.com and get them for a steal.

DiscoNfrno -

He's a nice kid, and won't be willing to sucker some individual (like himself) on Craigslist.

When it's a faceless dealership it kind of changes the mentality I think.  Not sure what he's going to do though.

Are you able to buy it from him and you do the “dirty work” of unloading it??

I am, but I would rather not.  He just keeps getting himself into money situations, and keeps getting bailed out by me, his mother, and his grandparents.  It needs to stop for him to learn anything.

Take it to a real vw shop . Doesn't have to be the dealer. Don't let buddies or friends touch it and then it will probably be reliable.

That particular car has all kinds of fuel pump issues online.   They had aready been replaced before, and random stuff done.  The mechanic even said if they get it runing to unload it ASAP.  

Agreed on the VW dealership though.

Tell him to get a DNA test on the kids, bail if they aren't his, next time it rains "slide off the road" and crash the car into a tree so insurance totals it.

DNA test was mandatory on the 1st one since they weren't married yet.  Interesting Idea on the car...

DiscoNfrno - 

DNA test was mandatory on the 1st one since they weren't married yet.  Interesting Idea on the car...

the car better have collision on it, and then you need to call the cops and report it, at least here in NY

Ramon Maroni - 
DiscoNfrno - 

the car better have collision on it, and then you need to call the cops and report it, at least here in NY

and if this even works, there is no guarantee he would even get the $4200 back, my guess would be a lot less for a 2004 Volvo

Yeah.  Probably not even full coverage on a $4200 car I assume.

Even the shittiest used car dealers in Missouri proved a 3 month/3000 mile warranty on used cars. This one didn't even have that? Aside, his best chance might be to really go after the dealer on social media, Yelp, Google reviews, etc etc. People are taking that really seriously now and are much more likely to make things right to avoid the negative press.