Lennox Lewis

I find him to be severally underrated HW champion. He had a lot of wins over great fighters. Tyson, Holyfield, Tua, Klitchko, Morrison, ect. Got stopped twice and came back to take both guys out (obviously McCall was having a mental breakdown though). He was exactly how a tall fighter should fight. Dominant jab and right cross.

5 Likes

I think most boxing fans have him ranked higher than Holyfield and Tyson so I don’t think that’s underrating him.

1 Like

While that is obviously true seeing as he beat both of them I don’t see him command the same respect from some.

1 Like

1 Like

I watched the Tua fight again this past weekend. It was pretty amazing how he controlled such a dangerous puncher like that.

I’m a boxing fan, I think he is highly OVERRATED. His biggest wins were against over the hill fighters (Holyfield was archaic). He reminds me a Holmes, another overrated fighter who made a career beating has beens.

1 Like

Wait, what you saying about Larry Holmes?

Triple H Wrestling GIF by WWE

3 Likes

For context, the guy he beat in his last fight held the HW title for 8 years. He did that as an old fighter. Bowe threw his belt in the trash rather than fight Lewis. Ruddock, Morrison, Tua, were in their primes and he beat them. I never blame fighters for fighting someone older because that is who is available at the time. It is like blaming the fighter for his own age. Not his fault top tier guys were aging but he also beat many extremely good fighters in their prime.

2 Likes

Holy beats anyone at or under 190, ever. He was close to 37 the first time he met Lennox in the ring and took him to the brink in the rematch after being considered washed up at 33 when he lost the trilogy match with Bowe. Holy is definitely a top 10 HW of all time.

That said when he was on, Lewis could beat any boxer in history as painful as that is to admit, and anybody that knows the fight game agrees. Still he got sparked 2x by journeyman so he doesn’t get to be called the GOAT. Hear me @Tits_Santana ?? You dickriding faggot, lmao.

3 Likes

He had just turned 37 when they rematched, so, he wasn’t nearly 37 when they fought the first time, unless you count being 36 as nearly 37. Also, you’re acting as though Lewis was in his twenties, he’s 3 years younger.
Add to that all the sauce that Holyfield was on, I don’t really think age can be used in his defence or to denigrate Lewis’ achievements (not that that is what you were doing, but, what was done elsewhere).

They see me riding you hating

I agree with pretty much everything this fellow has said, and yes Lennox Lewis is probably the best heavyweight ever

also I think it’s a nice touch being knocked out,seeing both sides of the ko if you will, kinda like gsp

Okay almost 36.5. Point being he was a past his prime and a blown up CW back when it was 190 not 200. They were all on the sauce in the 90s, all of them.

I would pay good money to see prime Holy against prime Bob Foster at that weight.

The fact he beat both of those guys both times easily (obviously the McCall fight is skewed due to the mental breakdown) does help even that out. He put a beating on Rahman and showed him it was a fluke.

His behavior after that “fluke” loss to Rahman is why many thought of him as being a douchebag along with his ridiculous talk about his “white” trunks after McCall’s breakdown in the ring. But I don’t know he single person that underrates Lewis.

Alright I’m watching Lewis vs Mercer again fir the first time in a long time

I swear that Lennox touched him up, but a lot of people say it was close, ha I’m a bit biased though

It was competitive but I thought Lewis clearly won.

1 Like

Actually this was a pretty good live card I think, three big fights

3 years is hugely significant when you’re talking about a guy towards the end of his peak vs a guy clearly past his.

Ah that’s right I have it on DVD, Holyfield vs Bobby czyz and Witherspoon vs Gonzalez

I liked Witherspoon, don’t really know that other guy apart from his fight with bowe

And holy best the shut out of Bobby.that last combo, respect to Bobby that tough son of a gun

1 Like

You’ve gotta love the internet. I’d never re-watched this but recalled it correctly.