Leo Vieira versus Ricardo Vieira video (NoGi 05)

Here is a cool video of Leo and Ricardo Vieira training in Sweden in 2005.  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inORZvf5iLo

Also, don't forget to checkout the Vieira Bros new home academy Fight Zone USA, is opening in one week (website coming soon)!!!  Grand opening events and seminar are a couple weeks away!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Signal-Hill-CA/Fight-Zone-USA/114683039676

Thanks! 

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Signal-Hill-CA/Fight-Zone-USA/114683039676

Will both leo and ricardo be teaching at the new school?

DWH1 - Will both leo and ricardo be teaching at the new school?

Thanks for the interest DWH1 -  Leandro Vieira (youngest brother of the three) will be the full time head instructor and Leo/Ricardo will be here when travel permits (both have their own headquarter schools in Rio and Sao Paulo where they spend most of their time).  Leandro arrives on Tuesday, and then we are going to start planning Ricardo's first visit.

As for Leo, he is busy preparing for the ADCC, but we are trying to set up some training camps for him at the academy when he is available.  In all likelihood, you could probably expect to see Leo around during the major events.

So to reiterate, you can expect to see all three brothers at the school (same for the other two Vieira Bros Academies - Sao Paulo and Rio), with Leandro being here full time.  Beyond this,  Leandro and I chose a location close to the Long Beach Pyramid so that we can funnel the rest of Team Check-Mat to the US for tournament preparation and ease of access for the big events. 

Hope this helps.  

As for the video, watching those two is amazing.  I like that they are both trying to get the pass and playing a lot of open guard with some solid sweeps.  All three brothers have jiu-jitsu that doesn't even make sense to me (I feel completely helpless), so I can't really fathom what it feels like for them to roll with eachother.  I KNOW they get competitive with eachother too!

mt

Nucking futs...

Very cool guys with amazing Jiu Jitsu. I met them a while ago with Andre Galvao in Naples. Would love to train with them again.

Kcher,

How accesible is the Signal hill academy for Tourists like myself who will be doin a bit of a Backpackers BJJ tour next year when i graduate from university.

I will be enroute to Brasil from Australia and was gonna make a stop in Cali to break up the journey. Are there hostels or cheap hotels in the area? ANy spare couches?

sputniik - Kcher,

How accesible is the Signal hill academy for Tourists like myself who will be doin a bit of a Backpackers BJJ tour next year when i graduate from university.

I will be enroute to Brasil from Australia and was gonna make a stop in Cali to break up the journey. Are there hostels or cheap hotels in the area? ANy spare couches?

Sputnik, we are about 20 minutes (or less) from LAX, about 1 mile from Long Beach Airport and 1 mile from the 405. Part of the reason we went with this place is because it is SUPER accessible.  In case you have never heard of Signal Hill before, it is basically a very small city completely surrounded by Long Beach, CA.  From my understanding they found oil there and were able to become incorporated.  You can recognize it by the nice houses next to the signal tower on the big hill as you pass Long Beach Airport on the west side of the 405.  

Another perk is that there are tons of cheap hotels/motels in the area, there is a Quality Inn directly next door and a couple of others within half a block.

As for spare couches, we have one, but you might have to put up with a barking chihuahua and an insomniac who's up all night meeting the publisher's deadlines (me).

Let me know when you'll be in the area and we'll try to help out with your arrangements. 

Kcher,
thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I will definitely hit you guys up when im over there.
thanks again.

great vid

Kevin,

If you guys will have me, I'm going to try to visit whenever I have a chance. Good luck with the school, man! Im sure it will be a success!

andre - Kevin,

If you guys will have me, I'm going to try to visit whenever I have a chance. Good luck with the school, man! Im sure it will be a success!

Of course Andreh! Looking forward to seeing you again. Try to swing by next week if you can.

ttt

ttt

ttt