Leon Edwards Vs Jorge Masvidal - Dana Is Open

1 Like

Yes please

2 Likes

A welterweight bout between Edwards and Masvidal would certainly be an exciting fight between two of the best strikers in the UFC’s 170lbs division. With Masvidal coming off of a KO loss to Usman and looking to get back into the title picture, a win over Edwards would certainly get him there. As for Edwards, he is still holding out hope for a title shot at 170lbs, but given that White has already said Covington is next in line, he will have to wait a while to get his crack of the belt, which means he might be willing to take another fight.

Leon demolishes Masvidal, there are levels to this shit and Leon is multiple levels above Masvidal.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine Leon losing to Masvidal, but would love to see what happens when Masvidal lands what Nate landed on him. All I know is Usman destroys Leon again. Colby is the right fight to make at this point for the championship.

“Jorge Masvidal, man. That’s who it needs to be. Some people are saying that Masvidal needs to fight Nate Diaz again. I disagree. I thought Masvidal handled it pretty easy (at UFC 244). Masvidal vs. Leon Edwards. That’s the fight to make. The three-piece and the soda. Masvidal assaulted him in London. There is backstory there for days. We’ve talked about it at length. That has to be the fight now for Leon. If Leon goes out there and beats Masvidal, then he’s going to get a title shot,” Bisping said.

“And Masvidal has to take that fight as well. Far be it from me to be talking sht about Masvidal. I’m not talking sht, but the reality is this: if you go out there and you crack another man in the face who is in your weight class and you both work for a company that matches their employees against one another and puts them in an Octagon to fight, the pieces of the puzzle are there. It doesn’t take a f*cking championship puzzle maker to put the final piece of this jigsaw in place. You both fight for the UFC, you’re in the same organization, you’re in the same weight class, you’re both riding high in the division — of course, Masvidal just last a world title fight, but he’s still one of the top fighters in the division, and Leon is on a tear with a nine-fight win streak — and the last time they saw one another, Masvidal hit him with a three-piece and the soda. That absolutely, unequivocally, has to be the next fight for both of those men.”

1 Like

I don’t think so. Masvidal finished Diaz and made it look easy. I think he finishes Edwards.

I like it. Definitely a fight they can market. Leon doesn’t seem to be star yet, but these big name match ups have to help.

1 Like

That fight makes sense. Put it as the co-main on Colby/Marty and Edwards can step up if need be. And if Leon wins he gets a victory over another popular fighter (and redemption for the three piece and soda).

2 Likes