leo's seminar DVD

I saw a review that wasn't very bug on this dvd. However I have already purchased it. I watched it last night and even thought it is not mind blowing by any means, I am glad I bought it. I though that there were several details that I had missed in the past and of course for 30 bucks you really can't go wrong. Just letting folks know what I thought of it in case they are thinking of buying it.

Roli Delgado

Good to see a green namer liked it and saw some nice details!

That was my review and I believe I stated in descriptions he gave some nice details here and there. The problem I had was the moves were all rehashed from his other two previously released sets. You're right $30 isn't a lot, but it sucks to spend it on something you already have.

Which is the precise reason why reviews comparing it to similar sets are necessary for the BJJ community here.

I took bjjprim8's advice and bought the older Atlanta seminar dvd. Can't wait to see it.

It's pretty good (I prefer the no gi seminar to the gi)

For some reason when Leo does seminars they are really short. His Atlanta set is also short as well, his Century set combined with the Atlanta set shows everything and more then what is on the Hawaii seminar set.

So BJJprim8- You saying you should buy the Atlanta set plus the Century which would cost you about $160.00 (for both sets) over paying $30.00 for the Hawaii one?? Hummmmmm?? Logical?

bjjprim8, Gee if someone wanted your lame review and opinion im sure they would have heard about it on your own thread. I guess everyone out there already has these "other" sets which show the "same" moves lol. Not everyone like you go's out and buy's every single instructional DVD out there. Thats plain out lame not to mention pricey.Its opinions and reviews coming from pro fighters like Roli and guys like JJD who train with these guys for hours IN PERSON that I want to hear about. I'd take there word over yours anyday. Which reminds me.. who are you again? what rank and years training?

Is this the same seminar DVD that has Jacare as the translator? 

this is really getting out of hand.

jjd,

No, I'm not saying buy both not by a long shot. The century one all on its own has more material then what is on either seminar set combined. However if you want to cover just about everything that is on both seminar sets and have a ton more to boot get the Atlanta and the Century set.

The Atlanta and Hawaii set have a lot of overlap too much overlap IMO considering the seminars are years apart. It seems like Leo unfortunately gets brought in for short seminars and streamlines his teaching to a set group of moves.

Madtiger,

Buddy, how's it been? Nice to see you still carrying all that hate. As for buying all these sets, man you really have reading comprehension problems. I get sent stuff for free to review by companies. I don't have to buy everything.

I'm very glad that you would buy stuff on their say so, that's wonderful. If you think you are hurting my feelings for some reason you are mistaken. I'm sure had I said this DVD kicked ass you wouldn't have had a problem with my review lol. Dude, to push my buttons you are going to have to try a lot harder then this! I have laughed off way better and smarter people then you. A bit of advice, it's not healthy to have such an infatuation with wanting to know about another mans private life unless of course...........

As for who I am..................

I am cornolio BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

mchapman,

Nah, don't sweat it. I'm laughing the guy off. He is so upset about the fan boy comment he can't get over it LOL.

Also, I respect Kai, but I will also say he has bias since he is on the ver DVD in question and linked to it in a personal way as is all the guys who are mad about this review. Something that keeps being left out is the personal relationship they have to the production of this DVD.

lol Ok fan boy who buys every instructional out there. Keping trolling in your pretend world. Maybe one day you could mail order a blue belt? Or are you just one of those submission wrestlers or judo guys who claim to not do BJj yet buy every vid and go to every seminar?

Either way you are a kook and I am a real person so yes I would say you are a cornhole. If you ever want to join us in the real world please do. I do $40 privates out of Laguna Beach. btw-Even 12 yr old kids gotta grow up sometime. Does your mommy pay your cable bill?

BJJ prim8, the funny thing is you say in your thread
"Last but not least, if you do know so much and want to say something about it, then by all means start your own thread and write a review." and then when somebody does you come on highjack the thread with your opinion, so why don't you start practicing what you preach!!

*"Also, I respect Kai, but I will also say he has bias since he is on the ver DVD in question and linked to it in a personal way as is all the guys who are mad about this review." What does this mean? I don't see Kai's name on here anywhere? and who is mad? I think you are alittle defensive about your review. Somebody comes on and says they like the DVD and then you come on and give your two cents worth. Personaly I don't care what you think nor do I take a review to seriously especialy from someone who won't put there REAL NAME behind it!! lol

*"He is so upset about the fan boy comment he can't get over it LOL." Who's the real fan boy, the guy who gets video's in the mail to give his opinion on them? LMAO @ YOU, and hey nice review!!!

Mad-

You caught me, I buy every instructional out there damn, I thought I fooled you. You're just too smart for me. I just love the seminar circuit I am like a dead fan traveling across the U.S. for Seminars, man I am so ashamed to have been found out.

Can I mail order a blue belt, really? Wow, that would be so cool, that and a $1.65 can get me a large coffee.

I'm a kook? But, I'm not a real person? I have to say that really hurt my feelings, that was just plain mean.

Wow $40 privates in Laguna, maybe if I get my mommy to drop the cable bill and I try real hard I can save the money to get some privates with you. Man and here I thought I wasn't a real person but now I get an offer like this! I must be the luckiest person alive, I think I better pinch myself to make sure that I am not only real but that I am not dreaming to have an offer like this!

JJD,

Fair enough and you are correct to a certain extent, however there was reference to my review on this thread by the person who started it. He could have easily given his review and left it at that and reviewed it on its own merits. I also wouldn't call it a review, saying I watched it and it is cool isn't a review at least not in my opinion. Why was it cool, what moves were cool on it, what made it not so cool if it wasn't. All things and reasons I addressed in my review.

LOL I won't put my real name behind it for one reason. It's called privacy plain and simple. When I first started doing reviews I knew I would piss some people off and that starts waves and people take things personally. I don't take anything said here personally. I'm not upset or even the least bit annoyed with madtiger. I find him amusing to say the least. There are a number of people who post here who know who I am personally, not to mention if I was full of shit it would have long been discovered in my 10-15 or so other reviews over hte last couple of years.

I didn't ask people to send me free stuff to review it was offered. I'm sure if you got emailed tomorrow and companies said hey I'm going to send you some stuff to review for free you would say no, right?

I think you should also add to the fact that you are the producer of this DVD and that you have stake and gripe with my review.

I'm going to do like you stated in your first paragraph and not hijack this thread. I will let you and tiger have the last word. Not that I really gave any room for tiger to say anything back since I was just sarcastic, but either way the floor is all for you guys now.

"I didn't ask people to send me free stuff to review it was offered. I'm sure if you got emailed tomorrow and companies said hey I'm going to send you some stuff to review for free you would say no, right?"

• BJJprime, your right like allways, I don't say no to companies sending for shit thats for sure, but I don't get it from the companies I get it from the Black Belts themselves! ;) lol

"I think you should also add to the fact that you are the producer of this DVD and that you have stake and gripe with my review"

*Yeah I tried to help Leozinho out he's my FRIEND and tried to help him make some some money for his family. When he comes to stay with me again I'll be sure to show him you opinion and what a coward your are for not sacking up and putting YOUR NAME, like he and I do. I'm sure you have mad skills on the mat and can be asked to show them in seminars and video's like Leo all the time!! Like I said before your nothing to me but a guy with an opinion on the internet who can't even afford to support this site with a pro membership, just another mudnamer!! lol

"I'm going to do like you stated in your first paragraph and not hijack this thread. I will let you and tiger have the last word. Not that I really gave any room for tiger to say anything back since I was just sarcastic, but either way the floor is all for you guys now."

• Good than I won't have to hear you anymore!

Since when does someone get bagged for sharing on opinion on a set?

I remember this happened to me when I bagged a terrible set by SBG. All their supporteers came crawling out to bash me as well. Very sad.

If you dont agree, say why and share your views. But dont try to dictate what someone can or cant post on a thread.

mad tiger your an idiot. I only see you here when your defending this DVD. You obviously had something to do with it. Bjjprim has been doing reviews for a long time and earned a rep for being straight up with his review.

Bjjprim thanks again for sharing your review and I hope you keep doing it.

jjd,

I couldn't help but answer something from your post.

So you take free shit when offered which was the point. As do I but in return I am asked to review them.

I think it's greta that you are helping Leo out, he doesn't do mma and lacks in the big time sponsors and I applaud you for trying to help him out. Show him the review, I honestly don't mind at all, he couldn't deny the fact that the dvd he did in Atlanta no gi is almost exactly the same. I'm 1000000000% positive Leo would tap me without breaking a sweat, I know Marcelo did there is no shame in that. As for the mudnamer thing, wow I'll have to get a promembership because that makes me legit I guess. I'll do that ASAP!

Again good luck with this venture and I'm sorry for the not so great review I really am, I don't like doing negative reviews but people asked me to start and I gave it two tries. I will stick to positive reviews from now on.

Good luck

I didn't even know about any of these DVD's until bjjprim8 posted the review. Based on the review, I did not get the new one, instead, I bought one of [the older ones. So his reveiw helped leo make some money.