Lesnar: Low class

I was rooting for mir (although I knew Brock would probably win), and have done Jiu Jitsu for 10 years, so yes, I wanted Brock to get subbed.
I still think Lesnar hates to get hit, but that said, he dominated Frank, fought real well, and improved dramatically.

That is all I'll give him.
What I don't understand is why the people who are/were fans of the WWE don't see that Brock was a character in the WWE and now he is not. He may try to play things up, but basically he is being himself. And that is a guy who is a douche. He actually said "I have no respect for Couture or any of my opponents." He refused to touch gloves befor the fight, got in Franks face after he won, flicked the fans off, and gave a completely disrespectful post fight interview.
If this was anyone else other than someone who was in the WWE, he's be universally seen for how he is. An asshole.
He is NOT the face we want with a growing sport. Someone like GSP is.

How come if someone in Basketball, or football would score a touchdown or win a game, then go get in the face of the coach he just beat, and then go flick off the fans in the camera on tv, that player would be fined. But if a UFC champion does it, it's ok. This is a sport and atheletes should be fined for how they act just like any other professional sport.

i agree

at the post fight presser dana said he was very upset with lesnar among other things, he also said if you think how badly he talks normally you dont wanna hear what he had to say to lesnar in private after the fight

actually LESNAR is in the upper class.

He gots a big ass house, land, championship belt, shit load of money, charisma, athletisicm, hot blonde wife, gym, etc.

i'd say he is doing alright.

All the Mir rooters were booing and shit. He was getting booed on his way to the ring. what did you expect him to do? Apologize for stopping Mir in the second round?

Lesnar fed off the boos, and now you all are marking out like a bunch of ten year olds, it's hilarious.

Nonlinear - All the Mir rooters were booing and shit. He was getting booed on his way to the ring. what did you expect him to do? Apologize for stopping Mir in the second round?

Lesnar fed off the boos, and now you all are marking out like a bunch of ten year olds, it's hilarious.

we expect him to act like a professional athlete, not a professional wrestler.

Lesnar showed zero class.  I was shocked when he rip'd on Bud Light like that!  The was complete wwe bullshit we don't need.

Like you said, I was going to give Lesnar a big thumbs up for a smart (but boring) victory, but he just lost any respect I ever had for him.

So Mir talks shit and disrespects Lesnar for months leading up to the fight and then gets up in a concussed state and gets in Brock's face after getting his ass whipped and yet Brock is the bad guy for yelling back and refusing to touch gloves before the fight?

No. The only thing I have a problem with Brock doing is flipping off the fans and talking about laying his wife in the post fight interview although despite being inappropriate I did find that to be hilarious.

Styro - 
Nonlinear - All the Mir rooters were booing and shit. He was getting booed on his way to the ring. what did you expect him to do? Apologize for stopping Mir in the second round?

Perhaps Mr. Lesnar has noted the standards of professionalism espoused by the company President and simply followed suit.

Styro - 

Then maybe the people in the arena should have treated him like one? He was getting booed on the way to the ring by all the super-respectful mma fans that were in attendance, and he reacted to it.

I forgot the UFC was headed by the embodiment of professionalism and class itself, Dana-fuckin'-White.

Styro - 

And in destroying a super tough Heath Herring, knocking out living legend Randy Couture, and bludegeoning Frank Mir to sleep, he's done just that.

He has performed at the highest level imaginable for a guy with 5 fights on his resume.

He's a prick, but so was Michael Irving.

in a sport where rampage plays his over version of grand theft auto, we should all be up in arms about him being a jerk in his post fight interview. we might want to do the same thing for the diaz bro's and rashad "imma dig in that ass" evans, etc etc etc lets stop acting like fighters are a bunch of choir boys.

Nonlinear - 
Styro - 

Then maybe the people in the arena should have treated him like one? He was getting booed on the way to the ring by all the super-respectful mma fans that were in attendance, and he reacted to it.

dont get me wrong i definitely agree they shouldnt of booed him, but lesnar is the champ of the ufc and shouldnt react that way, this isnt the wwe.

also to the guy above yeah i realize dana isnt exactly the best ambassador either a lot of the time but personally i think what brock did tonight was over the top

just my opinion.

I dont think Lesnar was out of line at all. Mir was talking shit , ok it was also hype , but Frank was pretty bad. Mir is a cocky ahole after a win( Nog, Lesnar 1)

You can tell it got to Lesnar even if he claimed it didnt. At the end of the fight you could see his face, he was PISSED as he was pounded Mir. All the shit about him being given a free ride to the championship, hes all flash, dumb wrestler shit got to him and used that to get better.

Only thing he was out of line with was the Bud lite comment and who gives a fuck (danna)

Styro - 
Nonlinear - 
Styro - 

dont get me wrong i definitely agree they shouldnt of booed him, but lesnar is the champ of the ufc and shouldnt react that way, this isnt the wwe.

also to the guy above yeah i realize dana isnt exactly the best ambassador either a lot of the time but personally i think what brock did tonight was over the top

just my opinion.

My guess is that if the crowd had cheered when he won instead of booing, he might not have flipped them off. just my opinion.

Michgan241 - in a sport where rampage plays his over version of grand theft auto, we should all be up in arms about him being a jerk in his post fight interview. we might want to do the same thing for the diaz bro's and rashad "imma dig in that ass" evans, etc etc etc lets stop acting like fighters are a bunch of choir boys.

seriously though 99% of the time other fighters dont react they way brock did AFTER the fight. i dont give a shit about prefight talk, 90% of it is all hype anyway.

i think brock is an amazing athlete and deserves the credit hes getting, but it doesnt the change the fact he acted like a complete fucking douche bag after the fight

Brock > UFC

Brock > MMA

Nonlinear - 
Styro - 
Nonlinear - 
Styro - 

just my opinion.

My guess is that if the crowd had cheered when he won instead of booing, he might not have flipped them off. just my opinion.

no shit sherlock, still think getting in mirs face after he just beat the fuck out of him is a little fucked up. his hands did the talking for him, all he did was add insult to injury

"And stepping into the Octagon, he has one simple approach to keep his head where it needs to be when going one on one in competition, "I didn't have any respect for Randy. I didn't have any respect for Heath. I have no respect for Frank. There's gonna be a winner and there's gonna be a loser. As soon as you step in and have any respect for your opponent, you become the loser."

That isn't any better. And a professional champion should have respect for anyone who does what they do. You're already a loser if you respect your opponent? That's ridiculous.

If you are booed when you are walking down to the ring (as a result of how you act in pre fight interviews, previous fights, countdown shows, etc.) you have done something to be booed and you shouldn't continue to do those type of things in the post fight activities.
There have been other professional athletes that have been hated because they were dicks, yes, but that's the point. We don't WANT one of those athletes being the face of the UFC.

"actually LESNAR is in the upper class."

Yanks don't have a class system.

Cheers

Stef