Lesnar to take a tuner or 2 before Carwin?

I would recommend it...

And what if he hurts himself in the process? Stupid fight idea. You don't risk prize fights with "tune ups" prior to them. If you're an elite-level champion, you manage without them.

yeah but would you want him to fight?
you cant have a tune up fight when you're the champ. you'll need to fight the best and I dont think the UFC will have non title fights

moronic idea

Nipples of Kirik - moronic idea

Thanks noob.

A moronic idea for a guy who almost died to get right back in with a guy who has smashed everyone in his path and has been training and fighting while Brock was getting tubes in his nose. To say that MY idea is moronic shows your low level of intelect.

Every "elite" boxer who has come back from layoff etc has always had a tune up.

kottusch - yeah but would you want him to fight?
you cant have a tune up fight when you're the champ. you'll need to fight the best and I dont think the UFC will have non title fights

If they want to preserve their cash cows they may want to think about it...

Nope, he's the champ, he's gotta fight the #1 contender. If he loses he'll still be a big draw. Just like Kimbo and Faber are still big draws.

Lesnar should fight Kimbo and Faber as his two tune ups before facing Carwin.

it is a pretty bad idea, he would need to relinquish his belt to fight some one who isn't #1 contender.

lol...

nhbMIKE - it is a pretty bad idea, he would need to relinquish his belt to fight some one who isn't #1 contender.

Flawed IMO.

the idea isn't bad it's just not practical

Not a terrible idea, but I can't see it happening; for maybe the first time in UFC history, there are a slew of really good heavies waiting for a title shot. I can't see someone who isn't a title contender getting a shot at Brock first. Boxing is a little different, because boxers can to some degree choose their opponents, and they choose their fights based on what is best for them, not what is best for a promotion. Brock doesn't have that luxury.

Also, if you are going to accuse someone of having a low level of intellect, you probably should spell "intellect" correctly.

LOL at 4-1 is an elite level fighter

caliborn84 - LOL at 4-1 is an elite level fighter

Man you are amused easily. If you think it's so funny that Brock was able to become an elite fighter with only 5 pro fights, I have some good knock knock jokes that will really crack you up

DKielbasa - 
Nipples of Kirik - moronic idea

Thanks noob.

A moronic idea for a guy who almost died to get right back in with a guy who has smashed everyone in his path and has been training and fighting while Brock was getting tubes in his nose. To say that MY idea is moronic shows your low level of intelect.

Every "elite" boxer who has come back from layoff etc has always had a tune up.

no elite boxer came back from a layoff as the champ into 'tune up fights'. If he wants a tune up fight he needs to relinquish the belt... then he can tune up all he wants

well if brock fights its for his belt

why fight a b level guy

This is not boxing.

Champions in boxing take tune up fights all of the time, as well as in MMA. Half of V Silva's Pride fights were tune up fights, and as much as I respect Dan Hardy, he was a tune up fight for GSP.

Not every fighter that Ali fought was as good as Foreman or Frazier, not every fighter that Leonard fought was as good as Hagler, Hearns, or Duran, and by the time they got around to this fight, Gatti was a glorified tune up fight for Mayweather.

What the OP proposes is not unprecedented in either sport.

It's just too risky. Besides if they train properly a tune up fight is totally unnecessary. Take GSP, he's fighting Evans, Marquart, Jardine, and hoards of great wrestlers and boxers most of us never heard of in the gym every day. Most of his fights are probably easier than his training.