Lesnar vs. Jones to fight Cormier/Stipe winner

Heard it here first. Rumblings out of Jackson’s. Jones feels Lesnar is solid tune-up fight and only way a 3rd fight with Cormier makes sense is if he’s heavyweight champ.

Big numbers and lots of $$$$ for everyone.

I like this.  UFC HW tourney.

I'd still like to know the odds of Jones and Lesnar returning any time soon.

Dumb

If it happens, will this be the first time two fighters in the UFC have faced each other after coming off of no-contests?

There's no way Lesnar fights Jon Jones.

Lesnar kills JJ

Boner McGregor -

Lesnar kills JJ

I doubt it, I think thats an easy fight for Jones

Brock only fought once in the UFC without diverticulitis, and he looked good, at 38 years old.

My issue with him is that he needs to juice to fight.

TTT 4 man tourney.

Eric Bloodaxe -

There's no way Lesnar fights Jon Jones.

serious? dude fought cain, carwin in his prime, ubereem coming off of diverticulitis surgery, and hunt coming off a 5 year layoff.

dude wanted to fight fedor for the longest time, all the way back to 2009

lesnar has never ducked anyone if thats what you're implying. dude fought mir in his second fight ever.

Lesnar takes Jones down at will and smothers him. Jones couldn't even defend Gustaffson's takedowns. An legitimate two time NCAA champion who has a frame of 280lb in Lesnar will have no trouble doing so. Lesnar's top game is scary just watch Lesnar vs Mir 2. Jones doesn't have enough power to do anything to Lesnar at that weight so even a lucky strike will not do it. Lesnar all day. Jones has dominated smaller opponents his entire career but showed against Gustaffson that he could not match that dominance vs an opponent of even size.

oranos -

Lesnar takes Jones down at will and smothers him. Jones couldn't even defend Gustaffson's takedowns. An legitimate two time NCAA champion who has a frame of 280lb in Lesnar will have no trouble doing so. Lesnar's top game is scary just watch Lesnar vs Mir 2. Jones doesn't have enough power to do anything to Lesnar at that weight so even a lucky strike will not do it. Lesnar all day. Jones has dominated smaller opponents his entire career but showed against Gustaffson that he could not match that dominance vs an opponent of even size.

to be fair, gus took down cormier too, gus got those takedowns by surprising the shit out of both of them

and jones will probably bulk up to about 230-240 before fighting lesnar, not to mention he outwrestled cormier as well

I think this is a tough fight for both guys, I will be surprised if lesnar really ragdolls jones that easily because his wrestling in MMA is really at the highest level

lmao (literally) @ anyone that thinks Lesnar can beat Jon Jones

GeorgeScoresPoints - Heard it here first. Rumblings out of Jackson's. Jones feels Lesnar is solid tune-up fight and only way a 3rd fight with Cormier makes sense is if he's heavyweight champ.

Big numbers and lots of $$$$ for everyone.

fake news

MAYBE guys like Werdum, Miocic and Velasquez can do it. MAYBE. 

JJ is never coming back. Neither him or Lesnar should ever be allowed to compete in the UFC again.

They are both the Justin Gatlin's of MMA and between them managed to ruin UFC 200.

Brock is looking soft in WWE. He’s cleaning himself up for USADA. Brock is coming back for an N’gannou, Jones, or Overeem fight. 

The Jones fight is the most interesting. Jon Jones doesn’t even have a LHW punch and he’s not a great submission guy from his back. How does he keep Brock off of him? 

I’ll watch.

Bobby Lupo -

Brock is looking soft in WWE. He’s cleaning himself up for USADA. Brock is coming back for an N’gannou, Jones, or Overeem fight. 

The Jones fight is the most interesting. Jon Jones doesn’t even have a LHW punch and he’s not a great submission guy from his back. How does he keep Brock off of him? 

This is definitely the most interesting fight that can happen.

If it does happen, I can see an argument from both side as it is happening now. 

I think it will mostly be how Jones prepare and how he approach this fight. 

Theres a good chance that Jones can get out of Lesnar’s top game but you don’t want to test that. Jones need to prevent that as much as he can specially early in the fight and instead, surprise Lesnar with his own takedown which could mentally break Lesnar right away.

From there, Jones will pretty much have won the fight.

To accomplish that, Jones need all his tools. Be faster at all time and keep the range to prevent getting taken down and  punish Lesnar with quick jabs to slow down And make Lesnar pause and doubt his takedowns. 

As soon as Lesnar commits to a takedown, Jones need to capitalize with a good TDD and hit a switch to put Lesnar in his back.

easier said than done but if anyone can do it, Jones has all the tools to get it done.