Less and less activity and interaction on UG?

Does it seem this way to anyone else?

Do you think it has anything to do with all these new mma sites popping up that I keep getting invited to?

Are people protesting? I am as loyal as pigeon so I feel kind of distraught watching a love of mine die a terrible death.

RIP young UG there's a heaven for a G.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eep32j-zMVk

I am speaking from a reading perspective too, not like a replies to my threads perspective.

Just looking around here there are less and less fresh threads and topics being made.

Spend most my time on the OG these days, there's too many people on the UG that think someone having a different opinion than themselves is a personal insult. 

I think all the newer fans and accounts who rally behind each other's terrible opinions on here have run a lot of people off. I enjoy reading my MMA media twitter lists more since I can confirm the opinions are coming from people who have been around the sport for some time/well mannered human beings. I never know now with some of the uninformed garbage you'll read on here Phone Post 3.0

Technical Primates -

Spend most my time on the OG these days, there's too many people on the UG that think someone having a different opinion than themselves is a personal insult. 

I tend not to even post my opinion any more because it's an instant vote down. I'll probably get voted down for this too Phone Post 3.0

BW92 - 
Technical Primates -

I tend not to even post my opinion any more because it's an instant vote down. I'll probably get voted down for this too Phone Post 3.0

I get voted down to frozen semi-regularly for threads that don't even seem that inflammatory.

The caste system fucked this place up.

BW92 -
Technical Primates -

VTFD...

No not really. VU. This place is getting rougher and rougher to tolerate. Phone Post 3.0

Karma system to stifle free speech stifles free speech. Phone Post 3.0

CerroneWentFuryOnJurysAss -
BW92 - 
Technical Primates -

I get voted down to frozen semi-regularly for threads that don't even seem that inflammatory.

The caste system fucked this place up.

Caste system makes no sense. It's a popularity contest to see who can be the most liberal and totally changes the dynamic of conversation. A ranking system would make way more sense. You rank up for every two years you have an account, or you score a point for every day you visit the UG/post Phone Post 3.0

There is a lot of butt hurt fruitloops over there, especially if you do not agree with what they say.

I have noticed the same thing. It even seems to be affecting the OG to a lesser degree.

I'm used to seeing tons of threads that peak my interest and lately it seems like the same threads have been staying at the top with not a ton of new content being created.

Hopefully it improves...this is my favorite site and I've been coming here daily for years. I really don't want to have to get used to a new one. Phone Post 3.0

Technical Primates -

Kinda this. Phone Post 3.0

CerroneWentFuryOnJurysAss - Does it seem this way to anyone else?

Do you think it has anything to do with all these new mma sites popping up that I keep getting invited to?

Are people protesting? I am as loyal as pigeon so I feel kind of distraught watching a love of mine die a terrible death.

RIP young UG there's a heaven for a G.

- Not to me, but there is always ebb and flow. Using thread views as a metric may be a decent if not valid measure.

- I don't because I have not seen any new sites popping up nor have I received an invitation to any. I try to limit giving my e-mail out though (if that's the mechanism by which the invite was given) due to the prevalence of marketing.

- I'd guess there is more than one person protesting but I do not know (I do not perceive a protest, sorry). I think there are also many means one can use to protest. If the desired result is to create change in a certain direction, I'd look to using the most efficient manner.

The reason why I posted, though, is to add that such a thread presents an interesting albeit minor dilemma: move it and risk the appearance of conspiracy, ignore it and risk the appearance of inaction/ineptitude or post in it and a) risk validating the issue or b) fanning flames.

;)

I feel there are a lot of childish morons around who feel their is the only one anyone should have. I feel there is a lot of negativity and am trying to get things changed around in another thread. OP great topic.

there are other forums around.

This place was never super tolerant to begin with but it was manageable. Now it's not just the users who are intolerant but it seems like a line has been crossed between UG management and UFC management. I think I became a much less frequent visitor when UG embraced the UFC dictate that .gifs were no longer allowed on the UG. Phone Post 3.0

Technical Primates - 

Well said

The funny thing is, a post on UG facebook page will have 300-400 comments, but the same thread on here will hardly get any. Maybe forums as a medium are dying down. Phone Post 3.0

Being unable to post pictures or videos or even links without paying; being unable to post gifs or edit a post without it being a pain in the ass; and a majority userbase who shriek that everyone they disagree with is a troll or shill; all make this place less fun.

there are more factors that make this place shit than there are that make it good