Let’s discuss Mortality rates vs Freedom Masks Vs

No masks.

Damn site... title is all fucked up and no real edit function

4 Likes

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.22.20109231v3.full.pdf

2 Likes

4 Likes

The argument that wearing a mask is an infringement on freedom kind of makes no sense, if you take into consideration that an increase in mortality rates will inevitably lead to much more real and long lasting infringements on freedom.

4 Likes

And I’m not arguing for mandates. I don’t want or think we should have mandates for masks, but if we are talking facts and data, masks do work to limit the spread so if we really want to preserve freedom, wearing a mask should help in that regard.

3 Likes

Freedom faggots for everyone!

What do you want for title?

Kirik -

Freedom Faggots for Everyone

5 Likes

Kirik -

"Fuck yo couch nigga!"

Please and thank you. 

evidence doesnt matter, wearing a mask is a conspiracy to turn usa into a communist country and bill gates is at the helm of it all and all those countries where covid went down because they wore masks is all just the media lying to you. 87% of the people in italy are dead cause they wore masks.

SpunQ -

You are aware the data is being manipulated across the entire board ?

What do you mean? 

Kirik -

Let’s discuss Mortality rates vs Freedom (masks vs No masks)

if the (masks vs no masks) doesn’t fit then I can just edit it into the post I made.

DropKick Joe -
Kirik -

Freedom Faggots for Everyone

Or this lol that’s great actually 

1 Like

SpunQ -

You are aware the data is being manipulated across the entire board ?

I am aware of data being manipulated. That still doesn’t change the science behind the use of masks and the benefits that outweigh the risks. Truth is, if the virus is so easily used to push an agenda, as many believe, then keeping it to a minimum is the best solution.

1 Like

stacks -

Science behind masks. 

A piece of cloth is a placebo.

A pacifier.

A political tool.

I agree it’s being used as a political tool, but it shouldn’t have to be. They do work. So it’s technically not a placebo. So you’re half right.

1 Like

stacks -

Science behind masks. 

A pacifier.

A political tool.

why have doctors been wearing them in surgery for over 100 years?

3 Likes

EFM -
stacks -

Science behind masks. 

A pacifier.

A political tool.

why have doctors been wearing them in surgery for over 100 years?

In a sterile environment, almost like sitting in a restaurant right?  

2 Likes

ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -
stacks -

Science behind masks. 

A pacifier.

A political tool.

I agree it’s being used as a political tool, but it shouldn’t have to be. They do work. So it’s technically not a placebo. So you’re half right.

They do work but I think that you are overlooking that there is a considerable chunk of the non wearers who believe that they should be granted the liberty of making their own decision and risking the consequences thereof. John doesn't care about getting covid so he is willing to risk not wearing the mask. 

Now the counter becomes "well you don't have a right to risk MY health with your choices"

This may be true but we are granted all types of rights that infringe on other people's lives and life Smoking outside infringes on my rights as a non-smoker. Bars and restaurants serving alcohol infringes on my safety as a driver. There are more than 10,000 drunk driving fatalities per year. Non vaccinated children are allowed to roam anywhere they want, except for public schools. This infringes on my child's safety. So the argument simply doesn't hold weight. 

Trust - 

Is there someplace in the US where masks are not required for public places?  

Walmart is the only place around whee I live that requires them. Store employees everywhere have to wear them, but customers don't have to. 

The Maestro -
ABCTT_Ninpo Silva -
stacks -

Science behind masks. 

A pacifier.

A political tool.

They do work but I think that you are overlooking that there is a considerable chunk of the non wearers who believe that they should be granted the liberty of making their own decision and risking the consequences thereof. John doesn't care about getting covid so he is willing to risk not wearing the mask. 

Now the counter becomes "well you don't have a right to risk MY health with your choices"

This may be true but we are granted all types of rights that infringe on other people's lives and life Smoking outside infringes on my rights as a non-smoker. Bars and restaurants serving alcohol infringes on my safety as a driver. There are more than 10,000 drunk driving fatalities per year. Non vaccinated children are allowed to roam anywhere they want, except for public schools. This infringes on my child's safety. So the argument simply doesn't hold weight. 

I believe people should have the right to make up their own choices too. And where as we believe they have the choice not to wear one, I still advocate that people should wear them. Because I also believe ultimately that we as a society also will have to live with the consequences of those decisions. So to those that advocate for their freedom so strongly as I do, wearing the masks that we agree do work, will bring down the spread, bring down the numbers and quicker help get things back to normal so that the government doesn’t have an excuse to get more invasive in its measures to reduce the impact of the virus.
More freedom would be a by product of everyone wearing masks. I know it’s not that simple but it’s a start.