Let’s face it, Jiu jitsu is over rated

BJJ is now so main stream and trashy that it’s a turn off when someone says “I do Jiu jitsu.”

Yeah… cool buddy… I do finger biting, Dick biting, eye gouging, finger in ass, you name it. No can defend

4 Likes

It’s cyclical. Last fad was CrossFit. I try not to hold it against the art that so many douches now train.

3 Likes

Good, less people training BJJ will lead to more people getting submitted.

12 Likes

Mount escapes, some takedowns and TDD and the basic chokes are all legit.

Just like all the systems, the basics are useful in real life.

7 Likes

Yeah, I remember when nobody knew what it was 20 years ago. Now every dork I meet claims to do it or have done it.

1 Like

Tell us youve never trained with saying youve never trained.

3 Likes

How much do you charge for your services?

1 Like

6 Likes

But seriously I think jiujitsu would benefit if it went away from these longer timed matches and instead had matches with shorter periods like wrestling. Just something different to promote more activity.

5 Likes

It’s all about “how” you train it vs. the moves themselves. But better training is harder training, and with that naturally comes an increased washout rate.

Crossfit is still going on a good bit I think.

1 Like

That’s a good point. Where I’m at, BJJ schools and CrossFit are neck and neck in terms of popularity.

3 Likes

Idk every time l come across someone who has started training l try to encourage them…doing bjj is positive thing.

5 Likes

I hope this post makes you feel better about being completely defenseless.

There’s no shame. Just avoid bad areas, stay near cops and larger male friends and you should be OK.

2 Likes

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

6 Likes

Is it time for this post again?

4 Likes

Hoss and screenname. Cyclical huh hoss? Jui Jitsu has been around since at least the 1500’s in Japan. With the Gracie’s using it and popularizing it and opening up schools in the 1920’s. Honestly anyone that doesn’t realize the benefits and advantages of Jui jitsu is an idiot and someone that will get is ass kicked in any kind of physical altercation

1 Like

Considering there have been about 8000 bjj threads in the last two weeks, idk! Keep them coming, the more eyes on it the better!

3 Likes

Fixed it

Do you not understand a jiujitsu practionor could do all that but with more positional control and leverage? Probably not right

1 Like