Let´s pray for the victims at Asia

nice try

the rev

Guys, I live in Malaysia and I want to thank you for expressions on concern. What is good is that everyone is banding around to assist each other. Even though we were hit, there were other countries like Sri Lanka and India in a worser shape in comparison so we are sending aid to them in the form of relief teams and other stuff.

As for those comments on those who hold a theology based around the concept of other religions and punishment, let me share a story with you. On Christmas day, our deputy Prime Minister, members of the Malaysian Royal Family and other cabinet members (all Muslims by the way) held and participated in an open celebration for a few thousand Christians locally complete with hymns being sung and food being served. Why is this surprising? Because all this took place in a Muslim country with a Muslim majority.

" He makes the sun rise on the evil and the good.And sends rain on the just and unjust."
- Matthew 5:45-

Keep us updated as you can, and peace be with you

the rev

Aaron,

Why are you acting like a jerk? The Rev has gone out of his way to help people and to do his best to reflect the image of christ as best as he can whenever he can, however he can. He has gone out of his way to help me, and I Have seen him do the same for others time and time again. He is doing the work of the Lord, going into the slums and the streets and to the unwanted, and showing them how they can overcome, and help to get them off drugs, and to make something of themselves.

I think that is exactly what a teacher of the word of God would do.

valan5

Im glad to know that you are ok. I also think its a wonderful thing to see how so many people are banding together to assist each other. All of those effected by this tragedy are in my prayers.

By the way, I would like to remind you all of something that just popped into my head.

Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?

So while I am praying for you, I will also do something to assist in the physical sense as well.

Prof

"Forgive me if I don't see much compassion in this point of view"

I´ll start another thread about it.

Anyway, I still think that the justice of reincarnation is better than the ideas of hell or emptiness.

And how doth he like me, let me count the ways

1. Rev. You are wrong I will not regret posting this ever. Bible prophecy is taking place and you and others need to know this. Indiana B is crushing you clowns.

2. Jonwell The rev. is throwing his pearls to pigs. You respect him because he has a great way of showing a gray area that EVERYONE can agree with.

3. but stop trying to show everyone that you are so much better of a worker than thee.

4. Or you can ask the Rev. John he seems to know everything and if someone else tries to speek on the Lord he get peeved.

5. Rev. I have never seen or heard of a rev that speeks like you. You rip on people you use profanity and seem to get really made about others telling people about what has been revealed to them by the Bible.
    Knowonder all the Hethens on the Otherground post want to joint your Church so they can come and curse and crack on others and it will be ok because you do it

6. So far he has shown me that he can curse and crack and claim to be a teacher of God's Word.

Well there you go, its nice to be liked in this way.

the rev

not to me, but you said you liked me, and obviously don't so that makes you sound a bit dishonest

the rev

Just a minor point here- Rev you know that Jesus was not "hated by (all) the church people". There were some who followed him, some who were seekers, and some who believed. Look at Jarius who was a ruler in the synagogue. Also Acts says that "many priests" believed when they heard Peters message.

I admire the Rev for his commitment to christ and his missionary work. I have been on this board for years (although I rarely post). I just wish you (Rev) would lighten up some on your criticisms of church. I know there are alot that stink and are like the whitewashed tombs Jesus spoke of-However, there are congreagations in many denominations that truly seek the Lord and are laboring for him.

I also would agree with Aaron that I disagree on some issues (like profanity being culturaly relative)with Rev just as we all do with each other-that is what keeps me coming back but always with an open mind and no feelings on my shoulders.

My comments were not meant to say there were no church people that loved Jesus, obviously there were, many of the disciples were followers of John. My point is that the sinners loved Jesus. Jesus was considered a friend of sinners.

As to my problem with the church, it is not the church people, but the structure, and the pharisaical attitude of some. It is my contention that the modern church structure bows to consumerism, and encourages a faith that is not missional and incarnational, nor true to the original church we read of in acts. Having said that, I have seen many churches filled with great people trying desperately to walk with God. I applaud them, and encourage them. Sorry if I seem to always be criticizing them, but seems there is plenty of Christian books praising and patting each other on the back, I am trying to call out that we are neglecting our roots.

As to the profanity issue, I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I can very easily show the truth of this both biblically and socially, if you care to pursue it.

Thanks for your post, and I will try and be less critical in the future.

the rev

I will try and be less critical in the future.

The world needs people like you bro to tell it like it is.  Don't change, most of us here think you're great the way you are.

thanks for the response Rev. I have debated people with the whole cussing issue before so its not necessary-a logical case be made on both sides thats why i dont debate it just agree to disagree. thanks though and God Bless.