Let's get the UFC back!

What about setting up petitions at events? Spartan, XFC, Shooto, and also at any grappling/bjj comps.

And just quietly, the Cheaters Uncut shows are funny as f*ck !!

Nothing like watching those made Yanks humiliate themselves in public.

Tank

PS: I get my PPV for free! I have never payed for a Cheaters Uncut, honest...

On a serious note:

"What about setting up petitions at events"

What about the promoters here on the GC getting a few of the right people from Austar along to the shows, getting them up in the ring and asking people to express how much we want to see the UFC on PPV ?

The Austar "communications team" (ie complaints department) are based here on the Gold Coast and they would be prime targets.

Like I said earlier, Mainevent is owned by Foxtel Austar and Optus equally, so it may be a good way to get the message across.

Of course, it may also be an unreasonable ask on the promoters, if so, apologies to Kerry and Justin.

Tank

Who do i email to get a response from?

Zulu

Dear corporate scum @ mainevent,

I have alot of time on my hands and no live violence to watch. Put the UFC bcak on PPV or I will be forced to find your homes, kill your families in a most brutal fashion and burn your houses to the ground.

Dave.

You really are a very gentle man David.

We need to get lots of people offering to through money at them to subscribe.

OR

We need to put the King of Rock n Rumble on local TV. Like for example HG & Roy next time they're on, to lift local knowledge.

Putting the King on any sort of mainstream media would be good for our sport.

Seriously people. They know we're out here. They're listening to us. Lets make some noise!

Elvis

TTT

Dave,

What was the response mate?

;)

Gerald

ps. Seriously, I like the idea of a petition at fight nights! Also think some select free tickets to the right Austar or Foxtel people couldn't hurt. Maybe Elvis could get together with Kerry, Joe or JD (I guess Justin is out) and make it happen?

Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully the promoters will jump onto this.

Elvis

G,

Something about me being a nutter, can you believe that! Yet they were willing to bend to my demands in regards to free whores, pizza and beer for all UFC subscribers.

It is amazing how far a quick thrust and a convulsive twist and jerk with a rusty 16th century Turkish disemboweling cutlass will get you in a "civilized" world.

Dave.

It sux we dont have it on anymore, live was kickass. thing is, it's popular to us but to them it's not, the numbers arent there. Are we all gonna pay and watch it in our own homes without any mates coming over for a bbq ? stuff that, whos gonna do that to get the numbers back up. That wont happen imo. This is the best sport of em all but all they care about is money. sad really.

sorry, replying to my own post. I think thats the problem right there, imagine this, you order the UFC ppv event, tell your mates, you get say 5 friends come over to watch it with you, get some beers etc etc. Thats like 1 in 6 are paying for it, 5 are not paying, therefore the subscriptions are low, they make bugger all money out of it and cancel it.

Stay home and order it, everyone !

Hey Elvis, hi there, can you tell me please - you said the UFC dvds will be in Australia later on, do you know who will be the supplier ? does this mean region 4 dvds. I know of a shop in the UK who has the PAL region 4 rights over there, but thats about it. We need more UFC stuff here. I have all the remaining UFC video stock from that place in Liverpool, they arent selling them anymore, so its up to me to get em out there.

thanks mate,

Rich

Sorry no idea on the details. I was only told that it was in progress.

Elvis

"Hi there,

I pay for a subscription to Foxtel and discovered the UFC via the hour long highlight shows aired on FOX8. I ordered every UFC PPV event you guys showed.

I was instantly converted and am nowed very bummed to discover you guys have decided not to air them anymore. It is a source of frustration that particularly for the last 2 events you aired that I saw NO marketing for them whatsoever however still saw plenty for Cheaters/Jerry Springer type events. I feel this is a reason perhaps you didn't get the results required to make UFC profitable.

Can I suggest reairing the hour long shows again as every person I spoke to who saw them was instantly excited - this being the way I discovered what is now my favorite sport. If you then followed up with the kind of marketing you give WWF events you'd definately make some profit - do I even need to bring up the digital revolution and the boost that should give to legitimate PPV results.

Please reconsider the UFC (or PrideFC) as a legitimate PPV opportunity for you guys to make some profits.

Thanks for your time."

I've sent them a few emails in the past. Hope it makes a difference.

Atleast we're trying. I even noticed an article in Blitz stating that UFC had been taken off PPV and suggesting people call.

Maybe we could put in an article in the other mags as well asking people to either call or visit the website and put in a request?

Elvis

....man I miss cracking a beer open on 9am sat
morning waiting for Vitor Belfort to slap some fool
upside the head...
we have gotta get UFC back then work for Pride.....it
totally sucks waiting 6 months for UFC dvds & in
Pride it's about 3 freakin years behind on their
dvds...it's frustrating stuff following the greatest
sport in the world from down under......could we
atleast have some XFC or something on Fox
sports ???
how long is it gonna take these morris dancing
monkeys that MMA is the Dogs Bollocks !!!

ps. the Bulldogs are INNOCENT !!! it's a bloody
MEGA day innit !

well there are a couple of sites that you can download the shows from, usually as soon as it is on ppv in another country.