Let's not act like Overeem

Isn't a serious HW GOAT contender..

God this man is amazing

5 Likes

He's a great fighter.  His chin and gameplan has failed him at times but IMO he has the ability to beat everyone who has taken him out.  

6 Likes

Noob post.

2 Likes
46and2 -

He's a great fighter.  His chin and gameplan has failed him at times but IMO he has the ability to beat everyone who has taken him out.  

For sure. I thought it was over due to his durability slipping....but im happy as hell for reem.  Walt was clearly a bigger, stronger more explosive guy.  

That kick followed with what I believe was a nasty body shot was a thing of beauty.  We are lucky to see a specimen like Overeem in MMA.  Hes special and agile for being a monster.  He adjusted his approach vs his Ubereem days and is still a beast.

Respect 

1 Like

It’s amazing how many times he has reinvented himself and aside from getting caught, he looked great tonight. That fucking high kick to left hook combination was beautiful. 

6 Likes

I just love the guy and I think his skillset is up on another level compared to anyone in HW.

If he had 20% better chin, he would be a champion, even at age of 40 .

0hi0direct -
46and2 -

For sure. I thought it was over due to his durability slipping....but im happy as hell for reem.  Walt was clearly a bigger, stronger more explosive guy.  

That kick followed with what I believe was a nasty body shot was a thing of beauty.  We are lucky to see a specimen like Overeem in MMA.  Hes special and agile for being a monster.  He adjusted his approach vs his Ubereem days and is still a beast.

Respect 

All of this, plus he is still incredibly fast and explosive for his age and mileage. He is definitely a physical specimen. 

MasterofMartialArts -
0hi0direct -
46and2 -

Respect 

All of this, plus he is still incredibly fast and explosive for his age and mileage. He is definitely a physical specimen. 

BEEP

Let's see him fight Ngannou again then

1 Like
R00STER -
MasterofMartialArts -
0hi0direct -
46and2 -

Respect 

BEEP

:)

I was overjoyed how he came back and won.

2 Likes

He’s a machine.

Almost all of his UFC losses he’s been dominating the fight until he’s been caught....his chin held up well tonight too.

Would love him to get another title shot 

great fight tonight

that said, i want to see roided overeem on fight island.

1 Like
SkinnyJeanGenie -

He’s a machine.

Almost all of his UFC losses he’s been dominating the fight until he’s been caught....his chin held up well tonight too.

Would love him to get another title shot 

Hes one of those guys that can truly beat any HW. He's not AS fast and reactive as his youth, but like someone else said he's still fast and powerful, he just has so much skill for a HW.  That big ass dude can move in ways most HW can't. 

Herring in a Fur Coat - Legend, yes. GOAT contender not even close. At no point in his career was he the undisputed #1 HW in MMA, or even in any of the orgs he fought in. Longevity doesn't make you the greatest... Arlovski has about as much of a claim to HW GOAT than Reem.

I Was a bit amped up last night but I agree with you.  But damn, the dudes a freak. Not many guys that massive are that refined and dynamic. He's a GOAT in that department 

I bet on him last night but I can’t lie...I wouldn’t have been surprised if the fight was stopped in he first. Harris was whooping his ass.

1 Like

I get it that he's been KO'd a number of times. But take a look at the level of competition he's faced in the last decade. Almost all of his opponents have been top-tier guys. I understand why some might say he's gotten a bit chinny, but he's been in there with huge men and he's never been shy about mixing it up. Anyone could have been caught in those fights.

Plus, look back 13 and 14 years ago when he was also getting stopped early in fights (4 losses by finish in 5 fights). After Kharitonov in 2007, he went 4 years without a loss and only went past the 1st round twice in that span.

HOFer, no question about it.

Reem has to become a grappler if he doesn't want to die in there. Shoot the second the fight starts and I give him a great chance against anyone

He’s just far too hittable. Most refs would have stopped that fight and Walt would have won, rightly or wrongly. The point is against an Ngannou, Cormier, Stipe or any other top HW, he isn’t gonna get let off the hook. Hell, if Walt hadn’t slipped he’d probably have won that, Reem was hurt bad 

Love watching Alistair, but no, he’s not in any sort of discussion regarding HW GOAT

Not really, but he should get more vet respect in the UFC. 21 years as a LHW/heavyweight in premier mma organizationsÂ