Let's Not "Embrace The Grind"

That's just another way of saying "I'm going to mate this fight boring." Grind= waltzing on the cage and occasionally peppering your dance partner with a punch-type-thing for a millimeter away.

Embracing the grind is killing the sport. Fans want displays of multiple skills, not just some meathead wrestling practice room slogan.

Embrace the striking, embrace the submissions, embrace the wrestlers who try to finish and not just tire out their opponents and win on points.

Fuck the Grind,

Not to mention it sounds more than little gay, watching two half-naked dudes grind on each other.

Steve4192 - Not to mention it sounds more than little gay, watching two half-naked dudes grind on each other.

You can't show MMA to your father when they're talking about banging and grinding. OOF

Sounds like an R Kelly song. Phone Post

Mayhem13 - 

Sounds like an R Kelly song. Phone Post

Ha

(Chorus)
Let me embrace the grind/let me pee on your behind

It's better than Crossfitters with their "Embrace the Suck" that they stole from the armed forces. Phone Post

Although "Embrace The Suck" would be another great R. Kelly song title. Phone Post

Mayhem13 - Sounds like an R Kelly song. Phone Post
I don't see nothin wrong with that. Phone Post 3.0

Doesn't the saying have to do with training?

Gotta grind that exp. OP doesn't want lvls.

BigSleep - Doesn't the saying have to do with training?

This was my thought. I have one of their shirts, the Matt Grice one. Phone Post

BigSleep - Doesn't the saying have to do with training?

Yes it does.

That is why it is so annoying when Goldy talks about a fighter 'embracing the grind' as a fight strategy. 'The grind' is getting up every day at the crack of dawn and doing roadwork. It's about going to the gym every day, no matter how sick, sore or tired you are, and going 100% against live competition. It's about eating a ridiculously disciplined (and bland) diet every day in order to stay on weight. The grind is about the shit you do for three or four months before the fight, not during the fight itself.

Tomas Andersson - 
Steve4192 - 

Yes it does.

That is why it is so annoying when Goldy talks about a fighter 'embracing the grind' as a fight strategy. 'The grind' is getting up every day at the crack of dawn and doing roadwork. It's about going to the gym every day, no matter how sick, sore or tired you are, and going 100% against live competition. It's about eating a ridiculously disciplined (and bland) diet every day in order to stay on weight. The grind is about the shit you do for three or four months before the fight, not during the fight itself.

I always got the impression that is what goldie is refering to. Not the actual fight.

He uses it both ways.

He'll often talk about how wrestlers develop mental toughness by embracing the grind in training, but he also talks about them 'embracing the grind' during a fight when they are implementing the patented Couture cage humping strategy and 'grinding down' their opponents.

as a wrestler...yes, it has everything to do w/ training.

jjchgo -

as a wrestler...yes, it has everything to do w/ training.

This Phone Post

Damn, I posted when I woke up and then realized I ruined a perfectly good Lupo troll thread.

BigSleep - Damn, I posted when I woke up and then realized I ruined a perfectly good Lupo troll thread.

We all make mistakes from time to time. You're one of the good guys.

Steve4192 - 
Tomas Andersson - 
Steve4192 - 

Yes it does.

I always got the impression that is what goldie is refering to. Not the actual fight.

He uses it both ways.

He'll often talk about how wrestlers develop mental toughness by embracing the grind in training, but he also talks about them 'embracing the grind' during a fight when they are implementing the patented Couture cage humping strategy and 'grinding down' their opponents.

Good point. Randy, Cain and Boremier all put their opponent through the meat grinder by pressing them up against the cage and tiring them out. They have the ferocious wrestlers mindset and conditioning from the training grind and use that to grind up on a man pressed against the cage like he's got a magnet in his shorts.

I thought Goldie was advertising for a brand of coffee. " try new UFC coffee brought to you by Starbucks , Embrace the grind!" Phone Post 3.0