Let's say you don't like a smokey scotch

If you're not too big on a smokey (or peaty, is there a difference?) scotch, and you prefer a 12 or 15 year Glenlivet to laphroaig, and you wanted to branch out. What would you reach for in the $45 to $60 category?

Try Talisker 10. Its a nice segway into smokier stuff.

This might help you.

Some yummy goodness on that chart!

Glenrothes makes some elegant low smoke whisky in that price range.

Dalwhinnie 15 is a very approachable low smoke single malt too. Very good beginner Scotch. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks. Going to head to the liquor store in a few. These are both on hand. I may as well Just get them both.

CRAGGANMORE MALT SCOTCH 12 yrs $51.95
DALWHINNIE MALT SCOTCH 15 yrs $59.95

Glenlivet 18yr is pretty damn tasty to me.

jura is a great option

so is this guy right here:

Thanks for the recommendation, gents. I look forward to to trying these later.

http://i.imgur.com/OLIM6vE.jpg Phone Post 3.0

I would suggest Glenlivet 12 year for scotch, Bulleit for bourbon, Jameson for Irish whiskey, and Sazerac for Rye. Then go from there.

It all taste like shit to me. Phone Post 3.0

Have you tried brushing your teeth, friend?

attjack - Thanks for the recommendation, gents. I look forward to to trying these later.

http://i.imgur.com/OLIM6vE.jpg Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0

Thanks, you're a prince. Phone Post

Just got a total boozer boner Phone Post 3.0

attjack - I would suggest Glenlivet 12 year for scotch, Bulleit for bourbon, Jameson for Irish whiskey, and Sazerac for Rye. Then go from there.
I've been liking the Bulleit rye a lot too lately Phone Post 3.0

puppet - Let's say a noob is looking to get into scotch/bourbon/whiskey. What's the easiest, entry level bottle to pick up? What am I looking for in a Good drink? Phone Post 3.0

I think you need to taste the different regions for scotch.  There are only a handful.  From there, focus on the region you like best and poke around.  Its a fun journey!  Start with the Glens - livet, fiddich...go from there.  

Glenmorangie is nice.

So true to the chart Sagiv posted Cragganmore was the more smoky, but I do find it to be delicious. The Dalwhinnie I would say I like even better, and it's certainly less smoky than the Cragganmore. I'm glad I bought them both and I'll switch back and forth as I drink them. In a couple weeks I may go pick up another 2 suggestions from this thread so I can compare all 4 to one another.

Redbreast Phone Post 3.0