Let's settle this. Rampage/Randy

Randy! Better technical and mental game.

Real tough call on this one. Randy is my favorite fighter, but Rampage isn't far behind.

I give Randy the edge based on his accomplishments. The only 2x UFC HW champ, the only UFC champ to hold titles in 2 different divisions...

If they fought, it would be a tossup, damn close to call.

However, somebody said Rampage has better standup. That is debatable. We've never really seen Randy stand, except against Chuck. But Rampage fought Chuck too, so that gives us something to compare...and look at what Randy did to Chuck standing, he tore him up. Rampage also got the edge on Chuck standing, but Randy dominated him. (Did Chuck ever hit him?)

I'd hate to see this fight go down because I wouldn't want to see a loser, but it would be one hell of a fight.

Randy is still #1 in my book since it was the glove that cut him . I don`t buy all that bullshit from Vitor`s fans ,Silva`s fans or the UFC because that is all it is . Bullshit.
Couture will beat them all if given the chance.

"randy beat the last 2 top 5 guys he fought"

Actually he lost to the last top 5 guy he fought and the guy prior to that wasnt top 5.

So both Randy and Rampage lost to the last top 5 guy they fought. Both men convincingly beat Chuck Liddell so it makes them pretty even on paper. I would love to see this match up.

Rampage would win.

only way of settling it is them fighting

Tough to say, rampage has better stand up, randy I cant see on his back. Rampage is very strong though. So is couture especially from the clinch.

If this was ever arranged I hope Jackson would beat the shit out of Couture.

It is ALWAYS a great idea to bet against Randy. (sarcasm intended)

Randy is on a whole 'nother level

Nobody can beat Randy at 200 pounds, unless it is a fluke like Vitor's win.

2 great fighters, unfortunately I doubt this fight ever happens. Not sure at this time who I would pick but I could see either guy winning.

"Randy is still #1 in my book since it was the glove that cut him . I don`t buy all that bullshit from Vitor`s fans ,Silva`s fans or the UFC because that is all it is . Bullshit. Couture will beat them all if given the chance."

Did this glove magically jump out and cut Randy!!??! Did Vitor throw it across the cage and it caught Randy in the eye??!?!? Vitor threw a punch that connected, plain and simple, Vitor wins via TKO.

"Randy! Better technical and mental game."

Disagree on the mental part. Rampage has the right mental game in all his fights. For him it isn't about getting glory on the UG or other forums. For him it is getting paid and performing. He goes in there and does his things and gets out. He doesn't buy into anytype of hype, just does his thing. Plus anyone that can smile at V. Silva knowing that the end is near gets big props in my books.

BMT back me up on the Rampage doing his thang!!

This cannot be settled here.  Randy and Rampage need to face eachother to settle it.  That said, I would go with Randy.

This is 50/50. Would be a great fight. Fan of both guys. lets break it down anyways

Cardio - Tie. close

Punching power - Rampage

Chin - Tie, close

Clinch - Randy

Takedowns - Randy, close

Takedown D - Randy, close

G+P - Rampage

Intangibles - Tie, both have shown tremendous will

Randy should be ranked higher at this point, because of beating Tito, who was universally ranked higher (rightly or wrongly) than Rampage's opponents (Randleman, Vovchanchyn, etc).

As for who's the better fighter, I'd lean toward Rampage. Randy is a better wrestler, but I think Quinton's strength and toughness would negate much of that, and while Randy has solid striking, I don't think he hits nearly hard enough to faze Rampage. I just don't think Quinton would have much to fear from Couture, as odd as that may sound.

I think Randy would decision him. I would rather have quintons skills though his striking is more technical and faster. Hes got K.O power and his gnp is more damaging. I just think Randy can take him down and hold him there. If Rampage gets on top he'll most likely end it quick.

I've realized that perhaps this can't be settled right here on this thread.

Couture - all day.

Whoever said Rampage would sprawl and brawl to beat Randy needs to get their head examined. You can't "sprawl" against Couture because he doesn't need to shoot to bring you down. He will take any LHW down from a clinch, and in the second round to spice things up he'll shoot, grab a leg and bring Rampage down just to let him know he can. DO NOT QUESTION CAPTAIN AMERICA!

LOL @ Tito being equal to Rampage. ARe you joking?