Let's talk about Masters Worlds

Rock the Gaspare -
Hunter V - Masters status starts at 30. Mind you many don't bother doing it till they are mid to late 30s but still.
I feel like it's perfect for the guys who have full time jobs and families and can't train everyday or do 2 a days. Sort of levels the playing field Phone Post 3.0
I agree. Masters 3 here, and pretty much everyone I have competed against has the same story as me- wife, kids, job; trains what seems like a lot given circumstances (3-5 times a week) but half as much as less as the younger guys who can do 2 a days or more. Phone Post 3.0

M2 Super heavy. Phone Post 3.0

Good luck to all of you guys! Phone Post 3.0

Just wanted to let you all know we convinced Sergio to open up the academy and teach a seminar the Sunday after Worlds. Come by for the seminar at 10:00 and open mat at noon.

Sunday September 27 from 10:00am – 12:00pm followed by an open mat.

Don’t miss this rare opportunity to learn from one of the most respected jiu jitsu fighters and teachers of all time. Sergio is a Red and Black belt under the legendary Osvaldo Alves. See why BJ Penn says, “If you don’t know Sergio Penha, you don’t know jiu jitsu!”

Pre-Register and Save $25
Email OpenMatRadio or private message on Facebook.com/OpenMatRadio to reserve your spot

All belt and experience levels welcome

Day of Seminar – $125
Cash and Credit Will be accepted

Raffle with prizes from OpenMatRadio
For more information on Sergio go to

Damn OpenMat! Now I wish I was going.  Next time I'm in Vegas, I'll hit you guys up for sure!

Robobear -

Damn OpenMat! Now I wish I was going.  Next time I'm in Vegas, I'll hit you guys up for sure!

I just hope they keep the tournament here and not move it to SoCal! Phone Post 3.0

M3 Brown Heavy-----looking for a silverback in the Absolute. Not a real big one though, maybe a baby one.

This is really only because that means both of us will have at least medaled.

Look forward to seeing you guys out there!

kostecki - M3 Brown Heavy-----looking for a silverback in the Absolute. Not a real big one though, maybe a baby one.

I know where you can find one! ;) It'll be good to see you brother! How many guys do you have in your division? I have 8 total Phone Post 3.0

I'll be there coaching six of my guys. Didn't know I could go until after registration closed...

excited for the Sergio Penha seminar too!

baby-silverback - 
kostecki - M3 Brown Heavy-----looking for a silverback in the Absolute. Not a real big one though, maybe a baby one.

I know where you can find one! ;) It'll be good to see you brother! How many guys do you have in your division? I have 8 total Phone Post 3.0

I have eleven in my division. So I have to win two to medal unless I get a bye, but I never do. I went to Atlanta and lost to the same guy 3 times. That kinda sucked. He was a good guy though.

Rock the Gaspare -
Shinsplint -
Shinsplint - What she is considered masters in ibjjf tournaments? Phone Post 3.0
Err.. Age not she. Phone Post 3.0
I think it goes by birth year so 1985 and under this year. Or normally 30 Phone Post 3.0
Sweet. I'm going to tell the young guys at the gym to start calling me master. Phone Post 3.0

kostecki -
baby-silverback - 

I have eleven in my division. So I have to win two to medal unless I get a bye, but I never do. I went to Atlanta and lost to the same guy 3 times. That kinda sucked. He was a good guy though.
Well this Saturday you can run that shit back! See you soon Phone Post 3.0

OGer PittBJJ and I will be there.

this is us (left and middle), come say hi
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oWaoaPY4lk8/Vf7X5UCJBbI/AAAAAAAAAXc/0QlmLAT6Ujk/s1600/IMG_1753.JPG

I will be there... Masters 3....Ultra Heavy...Black Belt

Does anyone know if the stream is free? Phone Post 3.0

Open Mat Radio - 
Robobear -

I just hope they keep the tournament here and not move it to SoCal! Phone Post 3.0

Man I hope so.  Judging from how fast the brackets closed, I'm sure they'll consider it.  Got my training partner in Masters 3, Black, light heavy, I believe he got 24 in his division. 

Ok so how did everyone do? Won first and lost second in purple master 2 middle. Was really hoping to do absolutely but fell one short.

Got now day and half in Vegas and don't really feel like seeing matches tomorrow so if anyone wants to hit beer at the strip let me know! Phone Post 3.0

soshje - Ok so how did everyone do? Won first and lost second in purple master 2 middle. Was really hoping to do absolutely but fell one short.

Got now day and half in Vegas and don't really feel like seeing matches tomorrow so if anyone wants to hit beer at the strip let me know! Phone Post 3.0
Im not there but from looking at partial results looks like my team is doing well at Black Belt master 1. Phone Post 3.0

Results or vids up? Phone Post 3.0

Kick some ass pesadelo!