Let's talk about Russell Westbrook.

Unbelievable.  Triple double almost every night.  

He better be MVP.  Yo. 

41 triple doubles.   

Lmao.  

I'm not watching much NBA right now....So i'm ignorant to this. But, is Adams and whoever else spacing out the paint to let him get more rebound opportunities.? That is what i've heard.

It's mostly fans that I've heard the "conspiracy" theories from (there is a thread right here on the OG about it). I don't know of any major sports commentary type who is saying that the other Thunder players are  purposely doing things to inflate his stats. He has accomplished an incredible feat, and will probably own the record himself soon. A lot say worthy of an MVP, but I think the Thunder's overall record/seeding will be why Harden gets it over Westbrook. I'm hoping I am wrong and Westbrook gets the nod.

Glowman -

I'm not watching much NBA right now....So i'm ignorant to this. But, is Adams and whoever else spacing out the paint to let him get more rebound opportunities.? That is what i've heard.

I've watched his last three games and he basically cherry picks for rebounds. On free throws, the bigs box our chest to chest and he drops down for boards. 

Also so he cheats way off on defense and doesn't attempt to close out, waiting in the paint 

^^Pretty much what I figured.

Lebron could average a triple double if he wanted to. But he's more concerned with winning than his numbers.

https://thekicker.com/for-christmas-westbrook-asks-teammates-to-stop-going-after-rebounds/

http://fansided.com/2016/12/05/nylon-calculus-westbrook-triple-doubles/

Harden for MVP.

I stopped watching basketball after the 90's because the game became a selfish endeavor for star players.

Allen Iverson-type players destroyed the beauty of the team game.  

Russell Westbrook and Lebron James are the only reason I ever watch basketball.  Both of them understand the team game, and have developed all facets of their abilities.  

James Harden is a ball hog who often doesn't play D, doesn't follow his shots, takes poor forced shots, and hogs instead of making the extra pass for a higher percentage shot.  

His offensive numbers look good, but he's not the dynamic player that Westbrook is.  Westbrook is literally everywhere, and does everything you could ask of 1 guy.  The main difference between him and Lebron is that Lebron took years to get to that point, and has been on better teams.  

Sultry Crockett -

I stopped watching basketball after the 90's because the game became a selfish endeavor for star players.

Russell Westbrook and Lebron James are the only reason I ever watch basketball.  Both of them understand the team game, and have developed all facets of their abilities.  

James Harden is a ball hog who often doesn't play D, doesn't follow his shots, takes poor forced shots, and hogs instead of making the extra pass for a higher percentage shot.  

His offensive numbers look good, but he's not the dynamic player that Westbrook is.  Westbrook is literally everywhere, and does everything you could ask of 1 guy.  The main difference between him and Lebron is that Lebron took years to get to that point, and has been on better teams.  

Is it possible for Harden to be a ball hog when he leads the league in assists?

Over or under he leaves OKC in 2 years?

Let's talk about the worst shooting percentage in the league (among guys who take at least 15 shots/game).

Let's talk about leading the league in missed shots.

Let's talk about shattering the existing single-season turnover record (though not shattering it quite as fast as Harden did).

Westbrook's triple double season is impressive, but his shooting and ball security are atrocious.

Sultry Crockett -

I wasn't a Harden fan last year because of his ball hog tendencies, but I believe this was what he was being asked to do since he's such a prolific scorer.

Under D'antoni's system he leads the league in assists and its some of the most fun basketball I've watched in years. Harden is a gifted passer and makes some incredible thread-the-needle assists. Go to youtube and watch some highlights and their pick and roll playbook videos.

Also, this video breaks down some of the nuances of his ISO game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX8wDfZUr-0&t=35s

Westbrookw triple doubles are a sham and not legit.

Me first player- 0-3 in his last 3 big games vs warriors, Rockets, and choked on the last shot vs the spurs.

Disappears vs Warriors and Steph Curry has outplayed Westbrook, Harden and Khawi in the most recent matchups.

Westbrook will get his stats but will be bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

Westbrook and Harden are overrated ball hogs!

He's going to break the record for triple doubles that has stood for 55 years and he will probably win the scoring title. There is no question that he should be mvp.