Lets talk appropriate pant length.

No break.

Partial break is amateur, unless it is a very formal business situation.

Full break is ok if you made huge bank in the early 80s and are over 65.

Under no circumstances go with the high cut look with fully exposed ankles. It gets worse if you do this with no socks and cheap shoes.

So to recap, tell the tailor: "No break."

1 Like

No break looks like high cut exposed ankles the second you move.  Maybe ok if you are wearing a boot, otherwise almost as faggoty as exposed ankle.

2 Likes

Ok I'll tell my tailor.

Dear Dockers,

Please ship these with no break, whatever the fuck that means.

Thanks,

Me

6 Likes

lets talk big heads on small bodies.

https://gfycat.com/aridprestigiousauk

Dayum, had no idea this was a thing.

I've never heard of a break on pants. Here's my work pants from the other day. I went with a full mud that day...

1 Like
deepu - 

Dayum, had no idea this was a thing.

It is, and it is important.

The full break makes you look like an old man, or like you borrowed your dad's suit.

The high waters look only works for a very select few. For the most part if you are over 25 it makes you look like someone having an age crisis, or trying too hard to look like you make more money than you do.

No break.

When are you going to make a thread about pleats?  That'll be straight fire. 

1 Like

That's how I roll. 

Clatty that look works if you are Robert Pattinson, but for 99.9% of us who are not handsome, rich, famous, and work in Hollywood, it just makes you look foolish.

I am sure you agree with me.

King Trav - 

Men haven't worn pleats since '97.

The only current role for pleats in modern times is if you have a gunt.

Zned -

Clatty that look works if you are Robert Pattinson, but for 99.9% of us who are not handsome, rich, famous, and work in Hollywood, it just makes you look foolish.

I am sure you agree with me.

It looks like the guy who shrunk his gi in the drier and now his pants are just a little too short. 

Zned -
King Trav - 

Men haven't worn pleats since '97.

The only current role for pleats in modern times is if you have a gunt.

We used to have to pleat our pants in our CF's (dress uniform) in the forces. You could slit a man's throat with the pleats I iron in. 

Also, excellent use of the word "gunt". 

clattymine -

When you're like: "you know I got that meeting downtown later, but I'm also tryna suck some dicks today."

Every single one of those outfits scream : please look at my weiner.  LOOK PLEASE

No break is the beginning of the swing back from the gay high waters look to more traditional styling. It's basically a temporary trend that recognizes the ridiculousness of the high waters look but doesn't yet want to swing back to partial break because it's still wanting to hang on to bits of its high water youth.

2 Likes

half break

1 Like
Renzo's Elbow -

half break

Pretty much.

No break is for short skinny dudes with legs like broomsticks.  If you have any mass at all,  no break turns into high waters with virtually any and all movement.

If you're built like a 14 year old boy though, no break is probably the ticket.