Lets talk baseball

I have no clue…there could be some history I’m not aware of but from the sounds of it this guy gets plunked a lot.

1 Like

Both times when he got hit, it would have hurt the other team. They had no reason to do that. I think your first comment, I didn’t tell you I agreed with a part of it but I do and that part is when you say that “sometimes weird things happen in baseball”. I think that’s what it was, just two unintentional hits so it wouldn’t have really made sense for him to charge the mound when he and most people don’t think it’s intentional, however it happening 2 times, I’d be pissed and want to charge but would probably hold back but let out my frustration.

He wasn’t even crowding the plate and in one of them the pitcher had the advantage in the count.

1 Like

I wanna see someone charge the mound after they strikeout swinging. I would.

4 Likes

now that’s fucking hilarious ha ha ha

If that ever happens that would be epic. I think if Puig was still playing he’d be the first.

2 Likes

We’ll see how it plays out over the season

2 Likes

My last season of +35 baseball, couple years ago, I was beaned 5 times in the first 3 games. 2x in one at bat… ump said the first hit the knob of the bat but I hold my hand over the knob ( yeah yeah go ahead ). The older guys don’t throw much but the 35 year olds still chuck up to 80+.

3 Likes

Sucks you got beaned but I do think it’s awesome that you found a league to play in. I’m at the wrong side of 40 and am starting to train again and I simply cannot put any more stress on my body more than one sport/physical activity at a time.

1 Like

I’m out now and there’s still guys plugging away at 50. I can’t play with the age diminished skills. It’s in my brain, I feel like a tit. Hockey was the same.

1 Like

How do you guys feel about the Yankees policy of no facial hair except for a mustache?

I know it’s been a policy for a while but I kind of forgot about it until recently when I started seeing Odor in the news about shaving his famous beard he rocked for many years in Tx.

He said his little daughter cried because she didn’t recognize him. I can see both sides of the argument but I tend to think it’s kind of stupid to enforce such a policy.

1 Like

Love it… made stinky shave…

Better to be hit in April then knocked out in October…

1 Like

I like it…have to remind the players that none of them will ever be bigger than the YANKEES…if say the Rockies instituted this policy…then yeah I would way thats gay…lol

2 Likes

Solid perspective followed by a little hypocrisy lol

I can dig it

1 Like

I went to a pretty dark place for a few days, not gonna lie. Looking like he will be back though for the dodgers series, so thankfully catastrophe has been temporarily adverted

Look, he will obviously need surgery eventually. But if they feel he can play through this for now, there’s no reason to think they would put the face of the franchises entire future at risk for the sake of one season. Even if he comes back at 80%, Fernando Tatis Jr at 80% is still better than 99% of mlb players. He’s just that good. He will tough it out this season and get his surgery in the offseason after we win the World Series

1 Like

I may have overreacted a smidgen…for now I still have my tickets

2 Likes

Looking at the glass half full, maybe the Tatis injury was the spark we needed. Despite opening the season 4-1, the offense underwhelmed bigtime, and wasted solid performances by Darvish and Snell. After losing 3 of 4 and Tatis to injury, we got the jolt we needed in the first fucking no hitter in franchise history by the hometown boy Joe Musgrove. They are rallying around Bebo. And just in time for him to return for what will be one of the biggest series in franchise history against the dodgers. I cannot FUCKING wait to be in Petco Park this upcoming weekend

2 Likes

Baseballl!

Mike Trout is still better.

1 Like

No hes not, trout cant even get the angels to the playoffs in a weak division while mookie consistently takes his teams to the world series and wins…ill take mookie over trout all day imo

1 Like

ESPN list of best in the game right now…

2 Likes

I’m a fan of Bellinger. I liked a few of his interviews, reminds me of one of my longtime friends, and he’s made some great plays. And don’t forget about his opening day Home Run that his team mate robbed him of-

1 Like