Let's talk "The Office (US)"...

I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!

Probably the best show ever. It gets better with time. Even though it dipped after jim and pams wedding it regrouped till Michael left then it was average till the end

malf922 -

I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!

I just wanted you to know that you can't just say the word "bankruptcy" and expect anything to happen...

HighInsideLegKick - 

I made a reference to the show on a date a couple days ago. Girl mentioned HR at work. I instantly made a Toby reference lol

I watched the first few seasons, then got caught up in life and totally shut it off. Last year I started a new job with a very young agency (I am late 30s). Everyone at the office, is addicted The Office, so I started watching it to see what I missed.

I agree, fantastic show, a true masterpiece, it has only become better with time and has aged really well. Most of my Jr co-workers are in their early to mid-20s and they love it. They were probably 10 when it first came on, so clearly the show has appeal and legs.

Last year Creed asked me to set up a blog. Wanting to protect the world from being exposed to Creed's brain, I opened a word document on his computer and put an address on top.

www.creedthoughts.gov.www/creedthoughts

I've read some of it. Even for the Internet, it's pretty shocking.

One of the greatest shows of all time. I have often thought I need to quit my job and find a job selling paper. 

Creed is the best for me but nearly every title can take that title 

We all love Michael, Jim, and obviously Creed. 

But Kelly Kapoor, the Business Bitch, is one of the most underrated characters of all time. 

OJTT-RayRay -
malf922 -

I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!

I just wanted you to know that you can't just say the word "bankruptcy" and expect anything to happen...

I didn't say it, I declared it.

1 Like
OJTT-RayRay -

But Kelly Kapoor, the Business Bitch, is one of the most underrated characters of all time. 

There was an absurd amount of talent on that show.

FingerorMoon -
OJTT-RayRay -

There was an absurd amount of talent on that show.

Always hated Jim.

Almost at the end of season 9.  Not loving the last season.

1 Like
Curtis_E_Bare -

I always use Michael's departure as the series finale. Don't even finish that season, just end on that episode.

1 Like
Caladan -
Curtis_E_Bare -

I always use Michael's departure as the series finale. Don't even finish that season, just end on that episode.

The series finale is pretty strong.  Possibly one of the best finales ever.

"Oh, Michael, you came!"

"That's what she said".

1 Like

They're doing a marathon today on CC.

1 Like
Caladan -
Curtis_E_Bare -

I respectfully disagree. The later episodes are different, but they are still fuckin great! On my first watch through I was of the same mind, but after watching them years later, they seem funnier now than they did before... Watch them with an open mind, yes it sucks that Michael is gone, but that kind of adds to the later seasons. Everyone is upset and on edge and almost angry, like all of the characters were turned up to 11. Sure Robert California is no Michael, but he's still pretty funny!

TL/DR: I like the earlier seasons more, but the later seasons really aren't that bad. 

The_KoJ - 
Caladan -
Curtis_E_Bare -

I respectfully disagree. The later episodes are different, but they are still fuckin great! On my first watch through I was of the same mind, but after watching them years later, they seem funnier now than they did before... Watch them with an open mind, yes it sucks that Michael is gone, but that kind of adds to the later seasons. Everyone is upset and on edge and almost angry, like all of the characters were turned up to 11. Sure Robert California is no Michael, but he's still pretty funny!

TL/DR: I like the earlier seasons more, but the later seasons really aren't that bad. 

Agreed. I originally had a negative feeling towards the later seasons, but re-watching them again after a few years and they are much better than I originally thought.

1 Like

The post-Michael seasons were fine, my only real complaint was the horrid choice of pushing the Nellie character.

She may not quite make the top 5 but definitely top 10 most annoying TV characters ever. Like a bad joke they kept her scenes going on and on and on  --I guess hoping something funny would just happen. Look at her original appearance, when she was interviewing for Michael's job, as a perfect example. Must have lasted five minutes, could've cut it to two (or even better, cut it entirely).

On a positive note, it was one of the rare times a series finale was actually decent and everyone ended up where you'd expect.

I already won the lotto. I was born in the US of A, baby

GSpenn fan -
The_KoJ - 
Caladan -
Curtis_E_Bare -

Agreed. I originally had a negative feeling towards the later seasons, but re-watching them again after a few years and they are much better than I originally thought.

Ill give it a chance because you guys recommended, I do have issues though:

Michael being gone. It seems obvious, but man what a huge blow.

The Jim/Pam tension is resolved. That was a huge part of the early series.

I hate Nelly. Stupid character that was pushed too hard imo.