Let's talk "The Office (US)"...

kevsh -
In Limbo -
NiteProwleR -
FingerorMoon -
Aiderbooze - 

I like both characters on their own, but didn't care for the whole Jim/Pam thing. 

They made most other characters in relationships still really humorous except them.

You didn't enjoy the roller coaster story arc of Jim starting a sports marketing company and Pam leaning on the off screen camera man for emotional support?

High point of the series IMO.

You know she fucked him. 

i agree with the poster saying that Pam was the worst on the show, and i htink she is one of the all time worst Wives/girlfriends on TV (like the wife from breaking bad or the wife from king of queens)

everything was about her, she was so self centered...from dumping roy, to going to art school only to not finish...all the while Jim supported her fully

then when jim starts his business and is doing well, she gives him shit about it and starts fucking the camera man

what a cunt pam was....i absolutely hated the whole jim-pam relationship arc...so annoying and i always hoped that jim would bang some other girl

Pam had her flaws but Jim was a total pussy.

He wasn't exactly setting the world on fire himself until he got an offer to start that sports marketing firm, which he didn't tell Pam about. At least she went to art school to do do something better, even went with Michael's failed company (okay, bad idea but she was trying to improve herself).

Can't dump on her for leaving Roy, he was a meathead and she'd spent her life as a housewife, getting his beer and raising little meatheads. She just took too long to figure that out.

If any relationship arc in The Office was cringe-worthy it was Dwight/Angela simply because she was a total bitch. And a cat lover. Deadly combination.

How the he'll do you act like going to art school is more impressive than Jim getting an actual job. At least she's trying to improve her life?! 

Darryl is the most selfish character (besides Angela, but she isn't meant to be liked). 

He gets mad at Andy because he didn't get the regional manager job. He won't quit, just refused to work, asking to be fired. 

Wanted to fight Jim at the Christmas party because he thought Jim wasn't gonna take him to Philly. Then basically rubs his success in Jim's face when Jim won't leave Dunder Mifflin.

Broke up Val and her boyfriend just to break it off with her when he gets the Philly job. 

Physically intimidated Michael after the basketball game. Physically intimidated Ryan, after Ryan told him to leave the meeting (that he wasn't supposed to be in anyway).

Was being an asshole to Jim, after Jim got him a job, because Jim was a sloppy roommate. Darryl also completely bombed the interview and killed the office fish, but Jim still got him the job. 

1 Like
OJTT-RayRay -

Darryl is the most selfish character (besides Angela, but she isn't meant to be liked). 

He gets mad at Andy because he didn't get the regional manager job. He won't quit, just refused to work, asking to be fired. 

Wanted to fight Jim at the Christmas party because he thought Jim wasn't gonna take him to Philly. Then basically rubs his success in Jim's face when Jim won't leave Dunder Mifflin.

Broke up Val and her boyfriend just to break it off with her when he gets the Philly job. 

Physically intimidated Michael after the basketball game. Physically intimidated Ryan, after Ryan told him to leave the meeting (that he wasn't supposed to be in anyway).

Was being an asshole to Jim, after Jim got him a job, because Jim was a sloppy roommate. Darryl also completely bombed the interview and killed the office fish, but Jim still got him the job. 

Damn. Didn't realize I hated Darryl... do now

rubbermonkey -
OJTT-RayRay -

Besides a 30 second pep talk to Andy (when Andy was sad that Erin was dating Gabe), I cant think of a time when Darryl did anything good for another person. 

He helped Michael and Holly move her stuff when she moved, but that was on company time, so he was getting paid to do it. He tried to cheer Michael up on the ride home, but still, on company time. 

Even when he left Dunder Mifflin, he was going out of his way to sneak out without saying goodbye to anyone he worked with. 

The only time I remember him hanging out with everyone outside of work was when he went to Robert California's party, and he only did that because he was trying to mack on Val. 

kevsh -
In Limbo -
NiteProwleR -
FingerorMoon -
Aiderbooze - 

I like both characters on their own, but didn't care for the whole Jim/Pam thing. 

They made most other characters in relationships still really humorous except them.

You didn't enjoy the roller coaster story arc of Jim starting a sports marketing company and Pam leaning on the off screen camera man for emotional support?

High point of the series IMO.

You know she fucked him. 

i agree with the poster saying that Pam was the worst on the show, and i htink she is one of the all time worst Wives/girlfriends on TV (like the wife from breaking bad or the wife from king of queens)

everything was about her, she was so self centered...from dumping roy, to going to art school only to not finish...all the while Jim supported her fully

then when jim starts his business and is doing well, she gives him shit about it and starts fucking the camera man

what a cunt pam was....i absolutely hated the whole jim-pam relationship arc...so annoying and i always hoped that jim would bang some other girl

Pam had her flaws but Jim was a total pussy.

He wasn't exactly setting the world on fire himself until he got an offer to start that sports marketing firm, which he didn't tell Pam about. At least she went to art school to do do something better, even went with Michael's failed company (okay, bad idea but she was trying to improve herself).

Can't dump on her for leaving Roy, he was a meathead and she'd spent her life as a housewife, getting his beer and raising little meatheads. She just took too long to figure that out.

If any relationship arc in The Office was cringe-worthy it was Dwight/Angela simply because she was a total bitch. And a cat lover. Deadly combination.

yeah, Jim was so pussywhipped and always had dreamy eyes when it came to Pam, he was equally at fault

you bring up good points, but I still think Pam is one of the most unbearable TV wives ever

OJTT-RayRay -
rubbermonkey -
OJTT-RayRay -

Besides a 30 second pep talk to Andy (when Andy was sad that Erin was dating Gabe), I cant think of a time when Darryl did anything good for another person. 

He helped Michael and Holly move her stuff when she moved, but that was on company time, so he was getting paid to do it. He tried to cheer Michael up on the ride home, but still, on company time. 

Even when he left Dunder Mifflin, he was going out of his way to sneak out without saying goodbye to anyone he worked with. 

The only time I remember him hanging out with everyone outside of work was when he went to Robert California's party, and he only did that because he was trying to mack on Val. 

mind blown (i usually hate that phrase, but it applies here)

darryl was, indeed, a self serving character the entire time

My kids are watching all the time. I somehow always seem to miss seasons 2&3 which IIRC are the two best.

Hard to pick just a moment. One I try to copy at least once every Christmas. Michael wearing a Santa hat walking in on three of the women. Points to each one and says "Ho, Ho, Ho" then to himself "pimp". 

I bet we watched it 4 times last year.

Fuck you kung flu!!

sounds like a very realistic representation of a typical American woman

Actually it is Mussolini. Dwight’s speech is a combination of multiple Mussolini speeches.

GOAT

Did I insult your boyfriend?

US version was fun mindless comedy that went waaaaaay too long.

UK version was bold and original and didn’t puss out on the boss character.

I like how TV has made “marathon” mean the exact opposite of exercise.

Yep Mussolini

Dwight’s Speech may be my favorite episode

That comment was almost two years ago, weirdo.