Letter from a deceased's students father. (Dusty)

My cousin is an incredible guy. A big man with an even bigger heart. A teacher who always pulls for the underdogs. 

He received a note this morning which confirmed he makes a difference in his student's lives.

His Facebook status from today.

"A former student of mine had a heart transplant and unfortunately his body rejected it. He was a special kid that didn't always fit in. He did with me. He passed away 2 months ago. From his Dad today."

Mr Lee
I have something for you i found while cleaning up. 
I really think he would like you to have it.

You had a pretty special place in his heart for you, he talked so so so much about you. He really liked you a lot.
In the short difficult world that Billy had, you were one of the few people I can say Billy looked up to. He really though the world of you. He always wanted to touch base with you. You impacted his life so positively, as a small bit of time passes from his death, I just want to reach out and say thank you for making part of his life so wonderful. You made an impact and a difference. He had a tough go making and holding friends through his life but you sir ALWAYS stood out in his life.
Scott. Thanks man, from a dad.
He was my only son, my boy.... I'm grateful you made him happy.

He kept this like it was gold. It was always present around the house and in his room long after he stopped playing street hockey. I remember him showing me this years ago, and several times after. It always stayed safe at home here.
I hope you'll want it.
Bill

Thanks 

Along with the note he had sent his son's street hockey stick which he had written on, "Mr. Lee, the best teacher I will ever have".

Very cool

Damn, that got me

invalid - 

Damn, that got me

I was reading that earlier and my daughter caught me crying. Not sure she has ever seen me cry before. I tried to read it to her but couldn't. She ended up just hugging me. I never met that father but my heart goes out to him. Can't imagine seeing one of my kids struggle through life and then pass at such a young age. Life ain't fair.

Fuck. Thanks for sharing my friend

I hate when I get an eyelash in my eye.  (Very nice Stray.  Sounds like your cousin is a good dude who had a lasting impact.)

Straydog24 -
invalid - 

Damn, that got me

I was reading that earlier and my daughter caught me crying. Not sure she has ever seen me cry before. I tried to read it to her but couldn't. She ended up just hugging me. I never met that father but my heart goes out to him. Can't imagine seeing one of my kids struggle through life and then pass at such a young age. Life ain't fair.

Well now your daughter is gonna dress like a cat and do ecstasy while looking for a man to choke her while she calls him daddy once she turns 18. Ya vagoinah.

I can deal with a lot of shit in the world, but mids getting sick and dying... I just can't do it. There are enough awful humans out there to play host to disease, leave the innocent kids alone. Props to your cousin, doing great work at a tough, tough job

Vote up! I've had many special teachers and coaches in my life. This post is so much better than the Pro Trump/Anti Trump bs. This post is what the UG is about

Reading that made my allergies act up a bit. God damn it.

Your cousin needs to laminate that letter.

Very powerful...

Wanderpage - 
Straydog24 -
invalid - 

Damn, that got me

Well now your daughter is gonna dress like a cat and do ecstasy while looking for a man to choke her while she calls him daddy once she turns 18. Ya vagoinah.

What an absolute dirt bag thing to say. 

Talking shit about a members child should be a bannable offense.

Wanderpage -
Straydog24 -
invalid - 

Damn, that got me

I hope your other 1836 posts weren't this stupid and humourless.

DreamerMMA -
Wanderpage - 
Straydog24 -
invalid - 

Damn, that got me

What an absolute dirt bag thing to say. 

Talking shit about a members child should be a bannable offense.

The dirtbags never disappoint.

keithws2 - Your cousin needs to laminate that letter.

Very powerful...
I'm sure he'll do something special with it. He collects sports memorabilia so he'll likely put the stick up as well.

That last line knocked the wind out of me.  Your cousin is a good man.  

nottheface -

That last line knocked the wind out of me.  Your cousin is a good man.  

He is. Ex pro ball player who has a larger than life personality. He's all heart.

Couldnt hold them back reading it. I can only hope that my boy meets people like your cousin in this world.

Great read. Thanks for sharing.

Wanderpage -
Straydog24 -
invalid - 

Damn, that got me

You seem like a exemplary human being. I'll bet you have alot of friends

ltr