Levo's Guard Instructionals

As I understand it, you can have DVD-Rs duplicated professionally, for cheaper than the pressed ones. You wouldn't have to do it on your own PC.

Like Andrew said you can have DVD-R's duplicated if your not computer savvy enough to keep up with making them yourself.

I don't know if people know this but a lot of stuff put out is DVD-R.

John Frankl and Tim Burril (Im getting Burril soon and im guessing its the same as Frankl) are DVD-R. They have a nice front graphic and most people can't tell the difference. So are the Matt Thornton 2003 Florida Seminar DVDs. I use these as examples because these are probably the best DVDs I have in my collection content wise and they are DVD-R, not DVD-Video.

If you give people a quality product, they won't bitch.

The Rodney King DVDs from straightblastgym are also DVD-R. Stephan Kesting sells his Omoplata series on DVD-R. Seriously, almost no one cares about the difference.

I have some Island DVDR's and have never had any problem with them.

I agree. There is nothing wrong with DVD-R disks.

Saying there is nothing wrong with DVD-R is misleading. It is *mostly* fine. I have tried DVD-R BJJ material on 3 DVDs and it worked fine on 2 of them but would not play on a 3rd (older) model. People who only have older DVDs should upgrade (new ones are super cheap) before purchasing DVD-Rs.

Also, I have tried them on 3 computers using 3 different players. Most combinations worked fine, a couple didn't, and 1 routinely crashed the entire system.

DVR-R can be great, but you need to know you can play them without problem before investing. Try one out if you can first, make sure you have a stable system in place, then go crazy.

Hey Levo,
After reading the many posts about Levo's tapes i pondered purchasing them. I have a huge library on this subject.But something in my game was still missing.I couldn't quite put it all together. I have a strong game,but always relaxed,defending and waiting to attack.Watching Levo's tapes has inspired me.The tapes are fairly basic.His teaching is basic.
You would think I have seen all this before.But his approach to teaching and thinking is clearly creative and sophisticated.It's not just about the knowledge,but also the creativity.Nathan is the Bruce Lee of the guard game

I just finished watching Levo's Guard tapes.  I thought that they were really, really good, and I wish I'd encountered them 5 or 6 years ago, because they would have accelerated my learning process tremendously.

Part of the problem with BJJ in general, and guard work in particular, is that often techniques are taught in a piecemeal manner.  You are shown an armbar, you are shown a choke, you are shown a sweep, but they aren't connected conceptually.  Levo's guard tapes take you through one man's connections (plus show you lots of fun individual techniques).  I'd also recomend the review of these tapes at www.whitebelt.org 

"Nathan is the Bruce Lee of the guard game"

Hahahahaha :o)

Thanks for the support guys.

Nathan

www.totalgrappling.com

GU02: Advanced Guard

A single tape/DVD continuation of GU01: The Guard. Armbar masterclass, Butterfly Guard, Far Guard against a standing opponent, Triple Attacks, counters to passes and leglocks.

-------------------------------------------------------

Nathan,

When will "GU02: Advanced Guard" be available?