Lewis agrees to rematch Klitschko

BoxingTime speaks w/ Team Klitschko while on vacation in Hawaii " Looks that way " !!!
BoxingTime just spoke w/ Team Klitschko in Hawaii to confirm rumors that Lewis vs.- Klitschko II is set to go. Yes - the rumor is true although they are still in the negotiation stages. WBC world heavyweight champion Lewis was ready to hang up his gloves after he stopped Klitschko in six rounds to retain his title in June. But Lewis, 39, has been criticised for the way he fought that night in Los Angeles and wants to put the record straight. Lewis must tell the WBC his decision to fight on by the end of this month or be stripped of his crown. The former undisputed champ has already seen two of his titles disappear. LENNOX LEWIS will fight on after being told there is a guaranteed 27million for a rematch with Vitali Klitschko. WBC world heavyweight champion Lewis was ready to hang up his gloves after he stopped Klitschko in six rounds to retain his title in June. http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2004001696,00.html

ttt

Lennox "the meatgrinder" Lewis

6 round ko.

Great.

This needs to happen.

Good for Lennox for acknowledging that.

If Lennox wins, retirement?

I just spoke w/ Klitschko. This going to be huge. I'm picking Vitali via 6 rd. KO.

Good deal. That first fight was a hell of a lot of fun to watch, I am looking forward to this rematch.

i hope not.

I hope the Klischkos end up in K-1 one day

Not to mention that the WBC World Heavyweight Champion Lewis was ready to hang up his gloves after he stopped Klitschko in six rounds to retain his title in June

Lewis is scary in rematches. When he trains and takes a fight seriously it means trouble. That said it would be great for the division if Klitschko were to win convingly. Meaning a overall beating not a flash KO.

Luvmachine, what if he is?

Besides you probably just heard that because he's black guy with an english accent.

Didn't read anything about a signed rematch.

This is just hype.

RussT is obviously as big a boxing fan as I. Lennox's two losses and his poor performance against Vitali are his own undoing. He didn't prepare properly and came in fight day in horrible shape. With his size he needs to be in pristine shape. IF he treains properly which history dictates he will, Vitali will be busted open by the 2nd round. When Lennox is in shape NO ONE can compete with him. Retirement will be coming soon as it seems harder and harder for him to motivate himself to go through the grueling grind of a training camp.

Not to mention that the WBC World Heavyweight Champion Lewis was ready to hang up his gloves after he stopped Klitschko in six rounds to retain his title in June

"Lewis is scary in rematches. When he trains and takes a fight seriously it means trouble."

I agree. I can't stand his arrogance and hope that he loses the rematch but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

picking lennox but rooting hard for Kilitchko. The first one was like a Rocky movie.

buddie

Lewis will finish Klitschko this time. Like others said Lennox is a totally different fighter in rematches. I hope Vitali can pull it off though

Jase -

You are right nothing is signed. But I spoke to Vitali today and they are negotiating. Lewis has agreed to rematch.

J.Lester

RSB-NHBFAN is correct.

Divac: Lennox is arrogant, but what HW boxing Champ isn't? I doubt Rahman, Klitchko, RJJ, Sanders etc would be the epitome of humble either.

Lewis is that much better than the HW's that you've got to expect arrogance. It's the same reason I don't dis RJJ over it, you walk the walk, you can talk whatever talk makes you happy IMO. Gotta be some smack talking benefits of being Boxing's undisputed HW Champ

Lewis KO 7