LHWs don't belong in a pfp list

They all walk around the same weight as heavyweights and choose to avoid open-weight competition. No other weight says "junior varsity" like LHW. Flame all you want, you know I'm 100% right.

The only thing LHWs are pfp champs at is sitting the sauna. At least when you get down to 170 you have guys who clearly are smaller than the heavies.

As well he should. Few can survive at that weightclass w/o. cutting down and there's no shame in that.

Weight-cutting is part of the sport. But the fact is when you have heavyweights who could make lhw (Fedor, CroCop) and don't cut down, that just shows that the lhw class is filled with folks who don't want to run with the big dogs.

Love him or hate him, a 220 lb BJ Penn would fight heavyweight if given the chance. Hell a 180 lb BJ Penn did it. What's keeping Rampage, Rashard and Machida (all 3 on the sherdog pfp list)?

Hendo is the exception, because he was very competitive at lhw while weighing 190.

I've never really thought about this before but I'm somewhat buying into it...I think a lot of it has to do with the name of the class...Welterweight is not seen as 2nd-string to Middleweight but then again it's not called Junior Middleweight or Light-Middleweight.

I think that the problem is that we have a few guys ruining it for everyone...we have people like Cro Cop, Randy, BJ, Fedor, etc who will fight anyone regardless of weight as a matter of fact, weight is just kind of an after thought, especially with BJ. BJ wants to fight the best, so he does his best to set it up & promote the fight & then ask the question, "Hey, what weight were we fighting at again?" Then you have the majority of people; they don't want to fight the best, they want to fight the best at 205 lbs. were they are bigger & stronger than most....

LHW is a weight division just like every other but something about it does just scream JV!

But the competition at LHW is tougher than it is at HW regardless of how much they weigh.

what about a guy who walks around at 205 and competes in LHW?

jimmydoylee - What an idiotic thread. Guys are always talking about the difference they feel in strength when going up or down one weight class, just from say welter to middle. Yet a 215 lb guy is supposed to have no problem with a 250 lb monster?

Every weight class cuts, it's no different for LH, except in the mind of the ignorant.

That would be CroCop/Barnett in the GP

The best LHW doesn't look likke he cuts too much weight.

sexalicious - The best LHW doesn't look likke he cuts too much weight.

Shogun can't make 185, are you crazy?

HardHittingHeeb - They all walk around the same weight as heavyweights and choose to avoid open-weight competition. No other weight says "junior varsity" like LHW. Flame all you want, you know I'm 100% right.

The only thing LHWs are pfp champs at is sitting the sauna. At least when you get down to 170 you have guys who clearly are smaller than the heavies.

What a complete crock of shit.

lol

if this guy is serious, this is the dumbest thread I have read in a long time. SOOOO many holes in your stupid theory, it's not even worth mentioning.

HardHittingHeeb -  Flame all you want, you know I'm 100% right.

no, you arent - you're an idiot

Mir got blasted by Vera like a crackwhore.

then Mir went onto sub Lesnar.

LMAO @ HW division.

it's a steaming pile.

youre retarded, pound for pound has nothing to do with how much you weigh

in fact it has to do with if all the fighters weighed the same, its all about skill vs skill

Obiewon -  Then you have the majority of people; they don't want to fight the best, they want to fight the best at 205 lbs. were they are bigger & stronger than most....

How can the "majority of people" be "bigger and stronger than most"? Sounds like you know about as much about statistics as you do fighting.

There are fighters in every division who could cut down if they really wanted to. There are guys in 205 who could make 185, does that make the 185 division pussies? Of course not.

Actually you are 100% wrong. Anyone who has been in any weight class sport will tell you the heavy weight div is always the weakest.

You have to understand that there just arent that many athletic guys over the 225lb mark world wide. And if they are, most play sports that will pay them millions. Like football, basketball, baseball, Hokey, Rugby, Austrailian rules football and other big money sports that I cant remember at the moment.

Now think about how many 155lb men there are in the world. A fucking shit load. and these guys just arent big enough to play most of the big money sports.

Brock Lesnar himself said that the hardest part of training is finding guys big enough to train with. We have the same problem with Cain at AKA. There just arent that many heavies that exist. So the comp is way lower then at lower weight.

Just think about how many little guys there are at your gym or how many little scrappy guys you've met in your life. The comp is way higher just because of the shear numbers of guys at the lower weights.

But people have some strange love for the heavies. something about these larger than life guys hitting each other is exciting.

So to me its the heavies that dont cut down to 205 that are avoiding the better comp. They get easier fights and get paid more.

Let's say an in-shape LHW walks around at 225 - Brock Lesnar walks around at 285-290. Carwin walks around at about 270 ish.

They would in most cases give up about 20-30lbs against the top tier HW's. It's not worth the hassle.

Besides, LHW is a much more interesting division.